If you’re looking for a hearty and comforting meal that will feed the whole family, then you’ve come to the right place. This recipe is perfect for those chilly nights when you want something warm and filling to eat. This chicken and biscuit casserole recipe is not only delicious but is also incredibly easy to make.
There’s nothing quite like biting into a crispy biscuit that’s been soaked in creamy chicken soup and mixed with juicy bites of succulent chicken breast. The dish is filled with warm and comforting flavors that will have your taste buds dancing with joy.
The best part about this recipe is that it doesn’t require much prep work. The ingredients can easily be found in any grocery store, and you can whip up this dish in no time. Whether you’re an experienced cook or just starting out, this recipe is guaranteed to impress.
So grab your baking dish, set the oven to preheat, and get ready to make the ultimate comfort food. You won’t be disappointed!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
This chicken and biscuit casserole recipe is a classic comfort food that will warm your heart and fill your stomach. It’s perfect for those chilly evenings when you’re craving something delicious and satisfying. The flavors of tender chicken combined with creamy soup, savory spices, and flaky biscuits are guaranteed to make your taste buds dance with joy.
Aside from its fantastic flavor, the recipe is incredibly easy to make. You won’t need to spend hours in the kitchen to whip up a hearty meal for your family or friends. Plus, it’s a one-pan dish that minimizes the number of dishes to wash afterwards.
Another excellent feature of this recipe is the versatility it offers. You can customize it according to your taste preferences by adding more or less seasoning, incorporating different vegetables like frozen broccoli or mixing in other cheeses like cheddar cheese. Whether you’re looking for a quick after-work dinner or a cozy weekend meal, this chicken and biscuit casserole does not disappoint.
Additionally, if you’re someone who appreciates make-ahead recipes and leftovers, this dish is perfect for you! You can easily double the amounts of ingredients listed and store it in the refrigerator for up to three days or freeze it for later use. The reheating process is a breeze, and the flavors don’t get lost – perfect for busy workdays when you want a quick lunch option.
In summary, there are so many reasons why this easy chicken biscuit casserole recipe deserves a spot on your dinner rotation. It’s comforting, customizable, effortless to make and reheats well – all while delivering on taste. I guarantee that once you indulge in this heartwarming dish, it will become one of your favorites in no time!
Here’s a list of everything you’ll need to make this Chicken & Biscuit Casserole Recipe.
- 2 cups frozen broccoli, cooked (or fresh broccoli florets)
- 1 large rotisserie chicken (about 2 lbs), cooked and cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 cups biscuits, cut into bite-size pieces
- 10 3/4 ounces condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted (1 can)
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Garlic powder to taste
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and set aside
Make sure to have all the ingredients ready before starting the recipe. You can use either frozen or fresh broccoli for this recipe. A pre-cooked rotisserie chicken is a time-saver, or cook the chicken with your preferred method. Cut biscuits from scratch or use canned refrigerated biscuits. Use sharp cheddar cheese and shred it yourself for best results. And don’t forget the herbs and spices like thyme, black pepper, and garlic powder they add flavor to the dish!
The Recipe How-To
Now that we’ve got all the ingredients prepared, it’s time to cook up a storm. Here are the step-by-step instructions for making this delicious chicken and biscuit casserole dish that is sure to please your taste buds.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cans of condensed cream of chicken soup together with 1 cup of milk until well-mixed.
- Add 4 cups of cooked and cut-up rotisserie chicken and 2 cups of frozen broccoli to the soup mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Add in 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1 teaspoon of black pepper, and 1 teaspoon of thyme to the bowl, and stir well.
- Grease a 13×9 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Pour the chicken and soup mixture into the baking dish and spread it out evenly.
- Top the mixture with an even layer of flattened biscuits on top (use canned biscuits or make your own).
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until bubbly around the edges and golden brown on top.
If you decide to make biscuits from scratch instead of using canned ones, here’s a quick recipe for flaky homemade biscuits:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¾ cup milk
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in milk just until the dough comes together.
- Drop rounded spoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet (ware an ice cream scoop)
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Enjoy your warm and comforting chicken biscuit casserole with family and friends!
Substitutions and Variations
Looking to shake things up with the chicken and biscuit casserole recipe? Here are some substitutions and variations you can try:
– Try using different vegetables: Instead of frozen broccoli, you could try adding other frozen veggies like peas, carrots, or green beans. Or, if you prefer fresh veggies, you could steam some broccoli or cauliflower and add that instead.
– Spice it up: If you like a little heat, try adding some hot sauce or red pepper flakes to the recipe. You could also experiment with different herbs and spices like rosemary, sage, or cayenne pepper.
– Switch up the soup: While cream of chicken soup is the classic choice for this recipe, you could also try using cream of mushroom soup or cream of celery soup. Or, if you want to avoid canned soups altogether, you could make your own from scratch.
– Make it vegetarian: Want to skip the chicken? You could make a vegetarian version of this recipe by omitting the chicken and using vegetable broth instead of chicken broth. You could also add extra veggies like mushrooms or zucchini for heartiness.
– Play with the biscuits: While classic buttermilk biscuits are great in this recipe, you could also use other types of Pillsbury biscuits like flaky layers, Grands! Southern Homestyle Biscuits, or even drop biscuits. Or, if you’re feeling ambitious, you could make your own biscuits from scratch.
No matter how you choose to customize this recipe to your liking, remember that experimentation is key. Don’t be afraid to try new ingredients and techniques – sometimes the best meals come from unexpected combinations!
Serving and Pairing
The Chicken & Biscuit Casserole Recipe is a hearty and satisfying meal that can be enjoyed all year round. It is a perfect meal for any night of the week or even when you need to feed a crowd. This casserole can easily be paired with a variety of sides to create a complete meal.
Since this casserole is packed with protein, I would suggest pairing it with a light and refreshing green salad. You can also complement it with some steamed vegetables like carrots, green beans, or roasted broccoli. If you are looking for something more filling, mashed potatoes or rice would be an excellent pairing.
For those who enjoy wine, I would recommend pairing Chicken & Biscuit Casserole Recipe with a Chardonnay or Pinot Grigio. These white wines have fruity undertones and acidity, which helps to balance out the chicken’s creaminess without overpowering the dish. On the other hand, if you prefer beer, you might like a light lager or IPA that will not clash with the flavors of the dish.
Finally, if you want to make sure everyone in your family enjoys this casserole, consider putting out some hot sauce on the side. It is an easy way for everyone to customize their own serving according to their taste buds!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Are you planning to make this chicken and biscuit casserole in advance or maybe have leftovers? No need to worry, as it can be easily stored and reheated.
To make ahead, prepare the casserole as instructed but do not bake it. Instead, cover it tightly with a lid or plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. When you’re ready to bake it, remove it from the fridge and let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking as usual.
If you have leftovers, allow the casserole to cool for 20 minutes before storing it in an airtight container. It can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days or frozen for up to three months. To reheat, simply place it in a preheated oven at 350°F for 15-20 minutes until heated through.
Keep in mind that biscuits tend to get soggy with extended storage, so if you plan on storing leftovers, consider removing the biscuits from the casserole before refrigerating or freezing and adding them back before reheating.
This chicken and biscuit casserole is a versatile dish that can be enjoyed hot or cold and is perfect for meal prep or feeding a crowd. So go ahead and make a big batch of this creamy and comforting casserole- because trust me, you won’t regret it!
Tips for Perfect Results
If you want to achieve a perfect chicken and biscuit casserole that is both delicious and visually appealing, then consider these tips:
1. Cut chicken in bite-size pieces: To ensure that every piece of chicken is well-cooked, cut it into bite-size pieces. This allows for even cooking and prevents any undercooked spots.
2. Grease 13 x 9 baking dish: Before adding any ingredients, make sure to grease the baking dish with butter or oil. This prevents the casserole from sticking to the dish during baking.
3. Mix ingredients well: In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients well. This ensures that every ingredient is evenly distributed and gives a consistent flavor throughout the whole dish.
4. Use fresh ingredients: Using fresh ingredients, such as rotisserie chicken and frozen broccoli, will undoubtedly improve the taste of your casserole.
5. Add personal touch: Try different variations like using Cheddar cheese instead of mozzarella, and experimenting with black pepper or thyme seasoning to add a personal touch to your casserole.
6. Preheat your oven correctly: Make sure to heat your oven to the right temperature before baking your chicken and biscuit casserole. The ideal temperature for this recipe is 375°F (190°C).
By following these tips, you’ll surely achieve a perfect result every time with this easy chicken biscuit casserole recipe that’ll leave everyone at the dinner table satisfied and licking their plates clean!
In conclusion, this chicken and biscuit casserole recipe is an easy and delicious way to feed yourself or your family. With its creamy and savory flavor, it’s sure to please everyone at the dinner table. Whether you’re in the mood for a homestyle meal or a quick weeknight dinner, this casserole recipe will become your go-to favorite.
There are many variations and substitutions that you can make to personalize this recipe to fit your preference. You can add frozen broccoli for some extra nutrients or switch out the cream of chicken soup for cream of mushroom soup. The possibilities are endless with this versatile recipe.
Finally, don’t forget about the convenience of making this casserole ahead of time and storing it for later use. You can easily reheat it in the oven and have a warm and comforting meal ready in no time.
With all of these benefits and simple instructions, there’s no reason not to try out this chicken and biscuit casserole recipe. So, preheat your oven to 350°F and get ready to indulge in some mouth-watering goodness!
Chicken & Biscuit Casserole Recipe
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken and mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups frozen broccoli, cauliflower & carrot mix, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) can Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (F).
- In 2qt saucepan, stir together soups, milk, thyme and pepper. Stir in veggies and chicken. Heat over Med. High heat until mixture just begins to boil. Reduce heat and cook 3-4 minutes longer.
- Pour into ungreased 13X9 in glass baking dish.
- Cut biscuits in quarters and place around outside edges of baking dish (on top of hot mixture) working your way to the center.
- Bake 18-22 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and baked through.
Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
Mishra Vikas is a digital nomad who loves to explore the world and learn about its cultures. As a programmer, backpacker, and cook, he enjoys sharing his adventures and cooking up delectable dishes. Writing about his experiences, creating tasty recipes, and discovering new places are some of his favorite activities. He’s an avid traveler and passionate chef, always on the lookout for an exciting new journey.