Listen here, foodies! Do you want to add some spice and flavor to your regular bean chili recipe? Well, then you are in for a treat! I, your culinary explorer, present to you the Baked Bean Chili Recipe!
This recipe will take you to flavor heaven with its perfect combination of juicy ground beef and sausage, tender baked beans, and spices that will tantalize your taste buds. You can feel free to throw all of these ingredients into a slow cooker pot in the morning and enjoy it in the evening. The result will be nothing short of splendid!
But don’t let the simplicity fool you! You don’t even have to be an expert cook to make this dish blow your mind! The easy-to-follow instructions make it possible for anyone to whip up this scrumptious meal in just an hour!
So why not kick things up a notch and try your luck at making this tasty Baked Bean Chili Recipe? Your friends, family, or even yourself wouldn’t regret it for a second!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Ahem…Listen up folks, I have a recipe that will blow your damn taste buds away. This baked bean chili recipe is an absolute game-changer. It’s a dish that brings together two iconic comfort dishes: baked beans and chili. This unique combination of flavors will leave your taste buds begging for more.
First off, let’s talk about flavor. This recipe packs a punch with its blend of chili powder, ground cumin, garlic, and onion. The sweet baked beans add a subtle sweetness to the dish and the beef broth adds a deep savory note that ties everything together beautifully. Trust me when I say this – you won’t find anything tastier than this.
What makes this recipe even better is how easy it is to make. It takes only thirty minutes to prepare and can be made in big batches for meal prep or as a crowd-pleasing party dish. You can even make it ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to four days or freeze it for later use.
This recipe is perfect for those on a budget too. With its simple ingredients like ground beef, canned beans, and tomato juice, you don’t need to break the bank to whip up something delicious.
But wait, there’s more! You can further modify this recipe to suit different tastes and preferences. Switch out ground beef with turkey for a leaner option. Go vegetarian by substituting ground meat with kidney beans or even vegetarian “meat”. Or simply add some bacon for that extra smoky flavor.
In conclusion, whether you’re looking for an easy weeknight dinner or something to feed a crowd at your next get-together, this baked bean chili recipe is what you need in your life. So give it a try and thank me later – I promise you won’t regret it!
Before we start cooking, we must have all the necessary ingredients. Here’s what you need for this Baked Bean Chili Recipe:
- 2 pounds ground beef: The recipe calls for a good cut of beef that is 85% lean and 15% fat.
- 1 pound sausage: A flavorful blend of pork and beef sausage works perfectly in this chili recipe.
- 1 large onion, chopped: Choosing a sweet onion like Vidalia helps give your chili that extra touch of sweetness.
- 4 garlic cloves, minced: Fresh garlic cloves provide a great flavor when cooked.
- 3 cans (28 ounces) baked beans: Preferably Bush’s Baked Beans with molasses for that extra richness.
- 1 can (46 ounces) tomato juice: You can substitute it with V8 vegetable juice for a more flavorful taste.
- 1 can (11 1/2 ounces) diced green chilies: Add some heat and tanginess to the recipe by including this canned ingredient.
- 2 ounces chili powder: For that perfect kick of spice, add chili powder to your chili bowl!
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin: Thanks to cumin’s earthy and nutty character, it is considered one of the essential flavors of chili.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (hickory baked beans): It gives the chili its bittersweet note with notes of smoky hickory
- 1 envelope chili seasoning: It makes everything fast and easy when you’re in a rush!
The Recipe How-To
Alright, my culinary adventurers, now it’s time to get our hands dirty and make this delicious baked bean chili recipe come to life. This recipe is easy to follow, and with a little effort and patience, you can prepare a delectable bowl of hearty chili in no time. Let’s get cooking!
Before we start cooking, let’s gather all of our ingredients. Thankfully for us, the list is not that long, and most ingredients can be found in your local grocery store:
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 1 pound of sausage
- 28 ounces of baked beans
- 46 ounces of tomato juice
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) of V8 juice
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 large chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons of chili powder
- 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 can (4 ounces) of diced green chilies
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Freshly chopped cilantro
Now that we’ve got all the ingredients we need let’s start cooking our baked bean chili.
Step One: Cook the beef and sausage
In a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat add the beef and sausage. Stir frequently using a wooden spoon or spatula until they start to brown. Then stir in the garlic cloves and onion, continue cooking until the beef is browned and the onion is soft.
Step Two: Add in the remaining ingredients
Add in the rest of the ingredients except for salt, pepper, and cilantro.
Step Three: Bring to a boil then reduce heat
Bring your chili mixture to a boil stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat to low and then let it simmer uncovered for about an hour.
Step Four: Season with Salt and Pepper
Season with salt and pepper according to your personal preferences.
Step Five: Add Freshly Chopped Cilantro
Once fully cooked you can add a handful of freshly chopped cilantro on top before you serve it hot with rice or bread.
Congratulations! You have just made an amazing bowl of homemade baked bean chili; all that’s left to do now is enjoy your hard work!
- For more convenience use a slow cooker instead.
- Try using sweet baked beans if you prefer sweet chili.
- Experiment with different substitutions like ground turkey or vegetarian meat crumbles for an alternative variation.
- Make sure to season with salt and pepper at the end rather than at the beginning,to avoid adding too much salt.
And lastly, always remember that recipes are just mere guidelines; use your creativity to switch things up a bit if you please. With this delicious baked bean chili recipe as our canvas let us paint our own culinary masterpiece!
Substitutions and Variations
When it comes to preparing a baked bean chili recipe, there are countless ways to make it your own. Here are some substitutions and variations to consider:
To make this recipe vegetarian, swap the ground beef and sausage with textured vegetable protein or a plant-based meat substitute. You can also add in extra beans such as kidney beans, black beans, or pinto beans for added protein and flavor.
For a turkey chili twist, swap the ground beef and sausage for ground turkey. Ground turkey offers a leaner option that is just as delicious when paired with the flavors of chili seasonings.
If you’re looking for a sweeter taste, try replacing one can of baked beans with a can of sweet baked beans. You could also use molasses in place of brown sugar for an even richer and more complex sweetness.
To give your chili an extra kick, add diced jalapeno peppers along with the diced green chilies called for in the recipe. For a milder version, remove the seeds from the jalapenos before dicing.
If you want to switch up the liquid base of this recipe, experiment by adding other types of canned tomatoes such as fire roasted or stewed tomatoes, or try using vegetable juice instead of tomato juice to give it a lighter flavor. You could even use Heinz baked beans instead of regular canned baked beans.
For those who love bacon, consider adding bacon bits or diced bacon to the recipe for added smokiness that goes well with the flavors of chili seasoning.
In summary, don’t be afraid to get creative and try out different substitutions and variations until you find what works best for you. The possibilities are endless!
Serving and Pairing
Ah, nothing brings people together like a steaming bowl of chili. This baked bean chili recipe is no different. Now that your masterpiece is complete, let’s talk about how to best serve and pair it.
For starters, I recommend serving this chili with some fresh cilantro sprinkled on top. It really brightens up the flavors and adds a nice pop of green. You could also add a dollop of sour cream for some richness.
As for what to pair with this fiery dish, I suggest keeping it simple. A side of warm cornbread or some crusty bread would be a perfect way to mop up any leftover chili in your bowl. Or, if you’re feeling fancy, you could bake up some garlic bread for a little extra oomph.
If you’re looking for something more substantial to go alongside your baked bean chili, try adding a side salad or roasted veggies to the mix. The fresh crunch of a green salad with some zesty dressing can really help balance out the hearty flavors of the chili.
But what about drinks? Well, the obvious choice is beer. Something cold and refreshing like an IPA or lager would be ideal. If you’re not into beer, though, don’t worry – there are plenty of other options. A nice glass of red wine or even some hot apple cider would make for a cozy accompaniment.
Overall, this dish is perfect for any casual gathering where good food and good company are what matter most. So grab a spoon and dig in!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Listen closely, Sustenance Seekers! This baked bean chili recipe is the gift that keeps on giving. Not only is it easy on the taste buds, but it’s also easy to make ahead of time and to store for future fixings.
If you’re short on time, you can easily prepare this dish in advance and store it for up to 3-4 days in an airtight container in your refrigerator. This also allows time for the flavors to meld together. When you’re ready to savor the second or third serving, simply take it out of the fridge and reheat it over medium heat on your stovetop or in a microwave-safe bowl.
This luscious concoction gets even better after being stored, as the flavors have time to acquaint themselves with each other before they hit your taste buds. Trust me, foodie friends; this chili is so appealing that you’ll be stimulated by its aroma and passionate about every spoonful.
It’s also perfect for meal prepping, as it can be stored in individual containers and reheated throughout the week for quick lunches or dinners that are both delicious and nutritious.
One more tip: If you’re planning to make large quantities of this delightful dish for gatherings or potlucks, I propose using a slow cooker to keep it warm after cooking. Just transfer your hearty chili into your slow cooker and leave it on low heat until ready to serve.
Rejoice, cuisine connoisseurs! Because now you’ve got yourself an impressive recipe that’s simple, delectable and above all else, a crowd-pleaser!
Tips for Perfect Results
As a culinary explorer, I have more than a few tricks up my sleeve to make any recipe perfect. Here are some tips that will help ensure outstanding results when making Baked Bean Chili Recipe:
1. Brown the beef correctly: When browning the beef, make sure to put it on medium heat or higher and let it cook until there’s no more pink color. Don’t rush this step, since the beef needs time to develop rich flavors and caramelization.
2. Drain the fat: Once you’ve cooked and browned the beef, always remove the excess fat from your pot. Never pour it down your sink, which can potentially clog your pipes.
3. Use high-quality ingredients: The quality of ingredients used in any recipe affects its outcome significantly. Using fresh cilantro, ground cumin and chili powder will enhance the flavor profile of your Baked Bean Chili Recipe.
4. Add some sweetness: While savory flavors take center stage in chili, adding a little sweetness can help balance things out. A couple of tablespoons of brown sugar can make a significant difference and elevate this recipe to something special.
5. Get creative with toppings: One way to enhance the flavor profile of any chili is by adding toppings that complement the hot and intense flavors of the dish. Fresh cilantro, shredded cheese, sour cream, green onions, diced avocado, and hot sauce are all delicious options.
6. Let it simmer for longer than you think: This recipe tastes better when it’s been cooked low and slow for an extended period. Ideally two hours would be sufficient even if you’re tempted to take it off after 30 minutes.
By following these tips, you’ll guarantee a successful Baked Bean Chili Recipe that’s full of flavor and sure to impress your guests!
In conclusion, the baked bean chili recipe is truly one of a kind. It’s packed with flavorful spices like fresh cilantro, ground cumin, and chili powder that are sure to tantalize your taste buds. Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy dinner recipe or a crowd-pleasing dish for your next potluck, this baked bean chili recipe is the perfect choice.
With its simple ingredient list and easy-to-follow instructions, this recipe is perfect for novice cooks as well as seasoned chefs. Plus, it’s highly customizable, so you can tailor it to your taste preferences with ease.
So why not give this baked bean chili recipe a try? Not only will you be treated to a comforting and delicious meal, but you’ll also impress your family and friends with your culinary skills. Trust me; this baked bean chili recipe will quickly become a favorite in your household!
Baked Bean Chili Recipe
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 8 ounces sausage, cooked, crumbled and drained
- 8 ounces ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Heat oil in large saucepan; add onion and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add sausage, beef, beans, soup, broth, chiles, chili powder and cumin.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
Mishra Vikas is a digital nomad who loves to explore the world and learn about its cultures. As a programmer, backpacker, and cook, he enjoys sharing his adventures and cooking up delectable dishes. Writing about his experiences, creating tasty recipes, and discovering new places are some of his favorite activities. He’s an avid traveler and passionate chef, always on the lookout for an exciting new journey.