Welcome to my recipe article for Wendy’s Chili Seasoning (copycat) Recipe! If you’re a fan of Wendy’s chili and want to recreate that delicious savory taste at home, then this recipe is perfect for you. In this article, I’ll be sharing with you my secrets on how to make flavorful and spicy chili seasoning from scratch.
Why settle for bland chili when you can make it the way you like it? With this copycat recipe, you’ll have full control over the ingredients and the level of heat, allowing you to customize your chili just the way you like it. Plus, making your own chili seasoning is not only more economical but also ensures that there are no hidden additives or preservatives that often come with store-bought packets.
As a culinary explorer, I have always been curious about the different ways to make chili. But after trying out this copycat recipe, I can confidently say that it’s one of my favorites. Not only is it easy and fast to whip up, but it’s also packed with bold flavors that will leave your taste buds longing for more.
So let’s get started and learn how to make Wendy’s Chili Seasoning (copycat) Recipe!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you craving for some hot and spicy Wendy’s chili? Look no further because I have got the perfect recipe for you! This copycat recipe of Wendy’s chili seasoning is sure to satisfy your taste buds and leave you wanting more.
The blend of spices, including chili powder, garlic powder, and ground cumin, will bring a unique flavor to the classic taste of chili. This recipe offers a perfect balance of heat and depth of flavors that will take your taste buds on a wild ride. You’ll enjoy how easy this recipe is to make in just one pot, making it a quick and simple dinner option.
But that’s not all; this recipe is highly customizable to suit everyone’s taste. You can add or omit ingredients depending on what you like or dislike. The flexibility of the recipe allows you to make subtle changes while still enjoying the same great taste.
It’s also budget-friendly! With these simple ingredients, you can make enough servings to feed the whole family. It’s the perfect dish for a cozy family night or gathering with friends.
Furthermore, this recipe is perfect for those who love meal prepping. It stores well in the refrigerator for up to five days and can be frozen for up to three months. That means, on days when you are short on time; simply reheat your homemade chili and enjoy!
Overall, this copycat Wendy’s chili seasoning recipe is versatile, affordable, customizable and the perfect dish for practically any occasion. Try it out today and unleash your inner chef!
This Wendy’s Chili Seasoning copycat recipe uses a blend of spices and herbs that will elevate the taste of your chili recipe! Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 pounds fresh ground beef
- One 29-ounce can tomato sauce
- One 29-ounce can kidney beans (with liquid)
- One 29-ounce can pinto beans (with liquid)
- 1 cup diced onion (about 1 medium-sized onion)
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper (about 1/2 medium-sized pepper)
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2 cups of water
Optional: for extra spiciness you can add red pepper flakes, hot sauce or chili oil.
All the spices used in this recipe are common household items such as garlic powder, dry parsley flakes, seasoning salt, onion powder, powder paprika among others. The combination of all these ingredients creates a perfectly balanced seasoning that will spice up your homemade chili recipe!
The Recipe How-To
Now it’s time to prepare the main event- the Wendy’s Chili Seasoning (copycat) Recipe. Follow these steps and enjoy the delectable flavors of this famous chili recipe.
Before beginning, have all your ingredients on hand so you can move seamlessly through each step. Take the time to chop all your vegetables uniformly, and drain and rinse your canned beans.
Step 1- Cook Ground Beef
Brown 2 pounds of fresh ground beef over medium heat in a large saucepan or dutch oven.
Drain off any fat.
Step 2 – Add Vegetables
Add 1 chopped yellow onion, 1 chopped green bell pepper, and 2 cloves of minced garlic.
Stir and cook until vegetables are tender, for about 5 minutes.
Step 3 – Add Remaining Ingredients
Mix in chili seasoning made from 1 tbsp chili powder, 1 tbsp ground cumin, 2 tsp salt, 2 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, 2 tsp dry parsley flakes,1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, and 2 tsp paprika.
Add a can of 29 ouces canned diced tomatoes with its liquid, and one can each of drained and rinsed kidney beans and pinto beans (15 ounces each) and one can undrained red kidney beans (29 ounces).
Pour in tomato sauce (29 ounce)and add water (1 cup) then stir well.
Add corn starch (4 tbsp) mixed with water until completely combined and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat and allow it to simmer for 30 minutes.
If it is too thick add more water or beef broth.
Step 4 – Serve
Scoop the hot chili into bowls, garnish with grated cheese or sliced jalapeno if desired. You can also pair it with some crusty bread or tortilla chips for extra crunch!
Enjoy your homemade flavorful aroma spicy chili that tastes exactly like Wendy’s Chili!
Substitutions and Variations
Are you looking to mix things up with this copycat Wendy’s chili seasoning recipe? Don’t worry, there are plenty of substitutions and variations you can make to customize it to your liking. Here are some suggestions to get you started:
– Vegetarian/Vegan option: If you’re a vegetarian or vegan, try swapping the ground beef for textured vegetable protein (TVP) or crumbled tofu. You can also use vegetable broth instead of beef broth to keep it completely vegan.
– Spicy Wendy chili: If you like your chili hot, add more red pepper flakes or substitute them with chili oil or hot sauce.
– Homemade chili seasoning packet: If you don’t have all the individual spices on hand, you can substitute with a pre-made chili seasoning packet.
– Different beans: If you prefer pinto beans over kidney beans, go ahead and use those. Black beans are also a nice alternative.
– Tomato juice: If you don’t have tomato sauce on hand, tomato juice can be used as a substitute.
– Bell peppers: If you’re not a fan of green bell peppers, try using yellow or red ones instead. You can also add in other vegetables like zucchini, carrots, or mushrooms for additional flavor and nutrition.
Whatever substitutions or variations you make, be sure to taste-test frequently along the way to ensure that the flavors are to your liking. And most importantly, have fun experimenting!
Serving and Pairing
Wendy’s Chili Seasoning (Copycat) Recipe is a classic dish that comes together in just one pot. The hot chili pairs perfectly with various toppings, making it customizable to your taste preferences.
For a hearty meal, serve the chili with some freshly grated cheddar cheese and a dollop of sour cream on top. This adds an extra richness to the dish and helps tone down the heat.
For some added texture and crunch, sprinkle some diced onions or jalapeño peppers over the top. These flavors offer a nice contrast to the warm, comforting chili.
As for what to drink alongside Wendy’s Chili, consider reaching for a cold beer or soda. Both make great beverages to cleanse the palate between bites of spicy chili.
If you’re serving this at a party or potluck, consider turning it into a chili bar! Offer guests an array of toppings such as shredded cheese, sour cream, and diced onions.
Alternatively, try pairing the Copycat Wendy Chili with other dishes for a full meal. For example, you could serve it with cornbread or warmed tortillas for dipping. This creates an all-around experience of flavors and textures!
No matter how you choose to serve Wendy’s Chili Seasoning (Copycat) Recipe, rest assured that this dish will be a hit! Enjoy it piping hot, straight from the pot!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
One of the beauties of Wendy’s Chili Seasoning Copycat Recipe is that you can easily create a large batch ahead of time and keep it in the fridge for a few days or freeze it for several months. This recipe lends itself to make-ahead cooking as it only gets better with time. The flavors deepen and the ingredients become more cohesive, making for an even richer and more delicious chili.
When storing your Wendy’s chili, make sure to let it cool down before putting it in an airtight container. You can divide it into individual containers if you plan on reheating only what you need. To reheat, simply heat on medium-low heat in a pot on the stove or microwave in small increments until fully heated through. If needed, add some extra water, tomato juice or broth to thin out.
If you want to get really fancy, serve with a dollop of sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese or chopped green onions on top. A side of cornbread or warm crusty bread would make an excellent pairing too.
Overall, this Wendy’s Chili Seasoning Copycat Recipe is ideal for meal prepping and sharing with friends and family. So go ahead and make a big pot over the weekend and enjoy it throughout the week without any hassle!
Tips for Perfect Results
To make the best copycat Wendy’s chili seasoning, there are a few tips that you should keep in mind. These tips will help you achieve perfect results every time and impress your friends and family with hands-down the best chili in town. Here are some of my favorite tips for making the perfect copycat Wendy’s chili seasoning recipe:
1. Use fresh ingredients: Fresh ingredients are essential when making any recipe; use fresh ground beef, vegetables, and spices to ensure the best possible taste.
2. Adjust seasoning to your taste: Wendy’s Chili Seasoning is famous for having a slightly spicy kick, but if you prefer a milder flavor or want to add more heat, adjust the spice levels accordingly.
3. Cook beef thoroughly: To ensure food safety, make sure to cook the beef until it is no longer pink before adding the spices and other ingredients.
4. Keep an eye on salt: Wendy’s Chili Seasoning contains several components that contribute to its salty flavor such as seasoning salt, canned beans, and tomato sauce. Make sure to taste the mixture before adding extra salt – you don’t want it to get too salty!
5. Simmer for a balanced flavor: Be sure to simmer the chili mixture for at least 30-45 minutes to allow flavors to meld together and develop.
6. Know your beans: If you have dietary restrictions or preferences, remember that you can always substitute different types of beans – black beans, pinto beans, red kidney beans – or leave them out entirely!
7. Toppings matter: What is Wendy’s Chili without toppings? Top your delicious creation with shredded cheese, diced onion green or yellow onion, and a dollop of sour cream for added creaminess. Don’t forget hot sauce or chili oil if you want it even spicier!
Follow these tips for perfect results every time; whether this is your first time making chili from scratch or a seasoned pro looking for new ideas!
As a culinary explorer, I understand that sometimes doubts and questions may arise while preparing a new recipe. Therefore, to help you achieve the best results with this Wendy’s Chili Seasoning (copycat) Recipe, I have compiled some of the most frequently asked questions and their answers in this section. So, let’s explore these queries and clear any uncertainties before grabbing our aprons!
What is in Wendy’s hot chili seasoning packet?
The components that make up the authentic Hot Chili Seasoning consist of water, corn syrup, salt, distilled vinegar, natural flavors, xanthan gum, and extractives derived from paprika.
Why does Wendy’s chili taste different?
In Wendy’s chili recipe, a combination of red kidney beans and pink beans are used to provide a distinct flavor. While red kidney beans are known for their robust taste, pink beans add a unique touch to the dish. It’s interesting to note that the calorie count for Wendy’s chili varies depending on the serving size. A small serving contains 160 calories, while a large portion has 250 calories. This makes it a hearty dish for those who are looking for a warm and flavorful meal.
What’s really in Wendy’s chili?
For this recipe, I will be discussing how to make a delicious and versatile chili concentrate sauce. The sauce is made from a combination of water, tomato juice, chopped tomatoes, calcium chloride, and a blend of seasonings. It also includes hearty beans, such as pink beans and red kidney beans, to add texture and flavor. The seasoning mix is a combination of sugar, salt, corn starch, dried chilies, spices, and a flavor enhancer. This results in a bold, flavorful chili sauce that can be used in a variety of dishes.
What is chili seasoning made of?
For those seeking to give their chili recipe a homemade twist, it’s easy to create a chili seasoning blend using readily available ingredients from their pantry. The foundation of this blend consists of chili powder and cumin, with additional ingredients such as garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, oregano, salt, and pepper to heighten the flavors. For those who enjoy a spicier kick, cayenne pepper can be included in this blend.
In my humble opinion, Wendy’s chili seasoning copycat recipe is one of the best homemade spicy chili recipes out there. It is easy to make and delicious in taste, providing that perfect balance of flavors that will keep you coming back for more.
Whether you are a professional chef, a cooking enthusiast, or simply someone who loves hot chili, this recipe has something for everyone. The ingredients list is straightforward and easy to follow, and the final result is a rich, savory, and spicy chili that can be enjoyed by anyone.
So why not give this recipe a try? Once you taste it, you’ll want to make it again and again. Even better, share it with your friends and family, especially when they ask about your secret ingredient!
At the end of the day, if you’re a fan of Wendy’s chili seasoning, then this copycat recipe is exactly what you’re looking for. And if not, well, I encourage you to give it a try – who knows, maybe it will become your new favorite!
Wendy’s Chili Seasoning (copycat) Recipe
- 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion, very finely crushed
- 1 teaspoon dry parsley flakes, rubbed to a fine dust
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, very finely crushed
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix ("or" 7½ teaspoons Miller's Taco Seasoning Mix - recipe ID # 22831)
- Stir all ingredients well together and store in a bottle with tight cap.
- Store at room temperature and use within 6 months.
Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
Mishra Vikas is a digital nomad who loves to explore the world and learn about its cultures. As a programmer, backpacker, and cook, he enjoys sharing his adventures and cooking up delectable dishes. Writing about his experiences, creating tasty recipes, and discovering new places are some of his favorite activities. He’s an avid traveler and passionate chef, always on the lookout for an exciting new journey.