The first bite of a pizza is always memorable, and with the spinach and Alfredo pizza recipe, it is a moment worth savoring. This recipe combines frozen spinach and garlic Alfredo sauce over a pizza crust, which is then topped with shredded mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese to make it one of the most delicious and easy-to-make pizzas out there.
As a culinary explorer, I have traveled across the globe in search of the most fascinating flavors and textures for my taste buds. From fancy five-star restaurants to street vendors selling scrumptious snacks, I have experienced it all. However, nothing beats the comfort of home-cooked meals that bring people together. That’s why I want to share with you this quick spinach and Alfredo pizza recipe that is sure to give you the ultimate pizza experience right in your own kitchen.
Whether you are looking to wow guests at a dinner party, craving something cheesy for movie night or just looking for a quick meal idea, this recipe has got you covered. The combination of fresh baby spinach leaves wilted on top of creamy Alfredo sauce creates a perfectly balanced flavor that will leave you wanting more.
I can’t wait to take you through how easy it is to make this recipe, so keep reading!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
This recipe, my dear comrade, will have your taste buds on a wild ride of flavors that’ll make you want to take another big bite. Why settle for an ordinary cheese pizza when you can add a touch of glamour to it? This spinach alfredo pizza is everything that we could ever ask for in one scrumptious dish – crispy crust, creamy sauce, and healthy veggies all in one.
Are you looking for a quick meal after a long day at work without sacrificing flavor? Then this recipe is perfect for you! This spinach alfredo pizza is a lifesaver when it comes to quick and easy meals, ready in no time. The ingredients are minimal, so it’s budget-friendly too. Trust me, once you try this deliciousness, you’ll be making it as your dinner staple.
Not only is this pizza indulgent and delicious, but it is also nutritious! Thanks to the addition of fresh baby spinach leaves, which are packed with iron and vitamins that enhance your immune system. It’s perfect for those who are health-conscious or simply craving a guilt-free pleasure.
In conclusion, this spinach alfredo pizza is an all-in-one solution that ticks every box – quick and easy to make, light on the pocket, flavorful, and healthy. What’s there not to love about it? So put on your apron and start whipping up this beauty because I assure you; everyone at your table will love it!
This recipe requires just 9 ingredients and yields a crispy, cheesy pizza that’s loaded with fresh baby spinach and rich garlic alfredo sauce. Here’s what you’ll need to make the pizza crust and toppings:
For the Pizza Dough:
- 1 tsp yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the Pizza Toppings:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cups frozen spinach, chopped
- 1 cup garlic alfredo sauce
- 2 1/4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
Note: You can use fresh baby spinach or bacon spinach alfredo or chicken spinach alfredo for the pizza toppings.
I recommend gathering all of the ingredients on a clean surface to ensure that you have everything you need before starting. It is important to use fresh ingredients for maximum flavor in this recipe.
The Recipe How-To
After gathering all the necessary ingredients, let me guide you through the simple and quick steps to making this delicious quick spinach and alfredo pizza recipe.
Step 1: Preheat oven
Start by preheating your oven to 400°F (200°C).
Step 2: Prepare the pizza crust
Next, roll out your pizza dough into a round shape. Spread 1 cup of garlic alfredo sauce evenly onto the crust, leaving some space around the edges for the crust to rise.
Step 3: Add spinach and cheese
Sprinkle 3 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese over the alfredo sauce. Then add 2-3 cups of frozen spinach leaves onto the cheese.
Step 4: Bake in the oven
Place your pizza in the preheated oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Step 5: Garnish and serve
Once done, remove from oven and allow it to cool down for a minute or two. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, then sprinkle some Parmesan cheese over it. Enjoy your amazing homemade spinach alfredo pizza!
Now that you’re confident with making this recipe, you can try some substitutions and variations as we’ll talk about in Section (5) below.
Substitutions and Variations
Are you looking to put your own twist on this spinach and Alfredo pizza recipe? Here are some suggested substitutions and variations that will add more depth to this dish.
– Swap the spinach: Although fresh baby spinach is delightful, you can replace it with frozen or canned spinach, kale or even artichoke hearts. If you’re using canned vegetables, be sure to drain it properly.
– Change up the sauce: Don’t have garlic alfredo sauce on hand? No worries. Substitute it with marinara or even pesto sauce to give your pizza a different flavor profile.
– Delight with meat options: A chicken alfredo pizza will always be a delight. Add bacon, shredded cooked chicken or thinly sliced prosciutto for some extra protein.
– Experiment with cheeses: Deliciously melted cheese is crucial for any good pizza. While mozzarella and parmesan cheese is perfect, grate in some cheddar cheese, goat cheese or feta cheese for additional flavors.
– Go Vegan: Omit the dairy products and heavy cream by making a vegan version of the dish. Use vegan cheese and plant-based cream to achieve the same creamy texture.
– Add more veggies and toppings: Consider adding more vegetables like mushrooms, bell peppers or broccoli florets on top of the melted cheese. Even consider hot dog slices, pepperoni slices or olives for added texture.
Playing around with different ingredients can yield impressive results in your final product. So go ahead and mix up any components that suits your taste buds, just ensure maintaining similar ratios of sauces and veggies to get that perfect balance in your dish.
Serving and Pairing
Now that your spinach alfredo pizza is baked to perfection and ready to serve, let’s talk about how to enjoy it!
First off, a slice of this pizza pairs perfectly with a fresh garden salad tossed in a lemon vinaigrette dressing. The tartness of the dressing complements the creamy richness of the alfredo sauce and the freshness of the baby spinach.
If you’re looking to pair your pizza with a beverage, I suggest serving it alongside an ice-cold beer or a crisp glass of white wine. The carbonation in the beer helps cut through some of the heaviness of the cheese and sauce, while the acidity in the wine can balance out the creaminess of the alfredo.
Of course, this pizza is just as delicious on its own, but if you’re hosting guests, consider serving it alongside some appetizers like bacon-wrapped dates or buffalo chicken dip for a well-rounded meal.
With these pairing suggestions in mind, I hope you enjoy your tasty spinach alfredo pizza – this dish truly speaks for itself!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Making your Spinach and Alfredo Pizza ahead of time can definitely make meal preparations a lot easier. To do this, you can prepare the unbaked pizza on the crust, top it with the Alfredo sauce, and frozen spinach, then keep in the fridge for up to 2 days before baking.
To store your pizza after baking, wrap it tightly in aluminum foil or plastic wrap, and refrigerate for up to 3 days. This will ensure that your pizza stays deliciously fresh and doesn’t dry out.
Reheating pizza can sometimes be a challenge because no one likes soggy or burnt slices. So here’s what you need to do: Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and place the leftover slice on an oven-safe pan or baking sheet. Using aluminum foil, cover the edges of the pizza to prevent them from burning. Bake for about 5 minutes if it’s a thin crust and up to 8 minutes for thicker crust.
Another option is to reheat your pizza on a stovetop grill or non-stick skillet over medium heat. Place your slice in the skillet with a teaspoon of olive oil, and grill each side for about 2-3 minutes until crispy.
Whether you’re making this dish for a party or just meal prepping for the week, preparing this dish ahead of time can make it easier to manage. And with these tips for storing and reheating, you can enjoy a delicious spinach and Alfredo Pizza anytime you want!
Tips for Perfect Results
Pizza can be tricky to get right, but with these tips, your Quick Spinach and Alfredo Pizza Recipe is sure to come out perfect every time!
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F for at least 15 minutes before baking your pizza. This ensures that it bakes properly and prevents any sogginess on the bottom of the crust.
2. Be sure to spread the Alfredo sauce evenly over the pizza dough, leaving a little bit of space around the edges for the crust to rise in the oven.
3. Use fresh baby spinach leaves instead of frozen ones if possible. Frozen spinach can release a lot of water when cooked, which can make your pizza soggy.
4. Before adding any toppings, bake the pizza dough for about 2-3 minutes in the preheated oven. This will help prevent a soggy crust and ensure that all toppings cook evenly.
5. Try some different flavor variations! This recipe calls for bacon, but you could also try adding chicken or mushrooms to your spinach Alfredo pizza.
6. If you’re using chicken, cook it beforehand and then shred it into small pieces before adding it to your pizza. This will ensure that it cooks all the way through in the oven and doesn’t dry out.
7. If you prefer a crispier crust, use a pizza stone or a grill instead of a baking sheet.
8. Finally, don’t be afraid to experiment with different cheeses! In addition to mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, try adding some feta or gorgonzola for extra flavor.
By following these tips and experimenting with different flavor combinations, you’ll be able to perfect your Quick Spinach and Alfredo Pizza Recipe and impress all of your dinner guests!
Now that we have gone through the detailed steps on how to prepare this delicious Quick Spinach and Alfredo Pizza recipe, it’s time for some frequently asked questions. We understand that as a culinary explorer, you may want to clear up some concerns that you have before getting stuck in, and we are here to provide the answers to them. So, let’s move on to answering some of the common queries!
Should spinach be cooked before putting on pizza?
If you’re planning to add leafy greens to your pizza, it’s important to know how to properly prepare them. While delicate greens like arugula and spinach can be used raw, tougher greens with coarse stems must be cooked beforehand to avoid any unwanted textures or flavors.
Is Alfredo sauce good on pizza?
Indeed, it’s possible to use Alfredo sauce as the base sauce for a white pizza instead of plain cheese. To make a large pizza, you’ll likely need around 3/4 cup of Alfredo Sauce. It’s important to bear in mind, however, that Alfredo Sauce contains butter, cream, and Parmesan cheese, which means a considerable amount of fat will be added to your pizza. This is worthwhile to keep in mind. The date this information was shared was June 29, 2021.
Can you bake spinach on pizza?
Let’s start by giving those spinach leaves a little love! Grab a large bowl and toss them with a teaspoon of olive oil and some black pepper to taste. Once they’re fully coated and seasoned, lay them out in the middle of the pizza, giving it some real pizzazz! Make sure to leave a little bit of space around the edges for the crust to shine. Now, pop it in the oven and let it bake for about 8 minutes. You’ll know it’s done once the cheese is nice and gooey and the spinach is wilted to perfection. Trust me, your taste buds will thank you for this one!
Should I wilt spinach for pizza?
Before adding spinach to your pizza, it’s important to wilt it in a pan for a brief moment. It’s crucial to keep a close watch on the spinach in the pan, as it will only take a quick minute or two to wilt. Over-wilting it will lead to a soggy mess, and the spinach will release an excessive amount of water. So, be mindful of the cooking time to prevent a watery pizza.
In conclusion, this quick spinach and Alfredo pizza recipe is a perfect option for anyone who loves pizza, spinach, and alfredo sauce. It is easy to make, flavorful, and can be customized with different variations or substitutions. With just a few simple steps, you can create a delicious masterpiece that will leave your taste buds craving for more.
Don’t be afraid to try new things and experiment with different ingredients to find the perfect combination that works for you. Whether you prefer chicken spinach alfredo pizza, bacon spinach alfredo, or even a vegetarian version with fresh baby spinach and mushroom alfredo, there are endless possibilities with this recipe.
So go ahead and give it a try today! I guarantee that you will love this scrumptious pizza every time. Not only is it perfect for cozy nights in but it’s also great for sharing with family and friends. With its rich flavor and cheesy toppings, this pizza is sure to become a favorite in your household.
Quick Spinach and Alfredo Pizza Recipe
- 1 (10 ounce) can Pillsbury refrigerated classic pizza crust
- 1 (15 ounce) jar garlic alfredo sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen spinach (thawed and squeezed dry)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Spread the dough onto a baking sheet.
- In a bowl mix the Alfredo sauce and spinach. Spread on to the pizza dough. Top with mozzarella and any other desired toppings. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
Mishra Vikas is a digital nomad who loves to explore the world and learn about its cultures. As a programmer, backpacker, and cook, he enjoys sharing his adventures and cooking up delectable dishes. Writing about his experiences, creating tasty recipes, and discovering new places are some of his favorite activities. He’s an avid traveler and passionate chef, always on the lookout for an exciting new journey.