Are you tired of the same old chicken recipes? Do you crave something sweet and spicy to satisfy your taste buds? Look no further, as I present to you the Mango Sweet Chili Chicken recipe. This recipe combines sweet, ripe mangoes with spicy chili sauce for a flavor explosion that will leave you craving for more.
This dish is perfect for family dinners or even for impressing guests at your next dinner party. The combination of juicy chicken breasts nestled in a bed of sweet and spicy mango chili sauce will definitely be a hit with everyone who tries it.
But wait, this dish is not only flavorful but also healthy. It features boneless skinless chicken breasts, coconut oil, and fresh ingredients such as garlic and lime juice. It’s a great way to enjoy a tasty meal while still staying on top of your health goals.
Trust me, this Mango Sweet Chili Chicken recipe is an absolute winner! Give it a try and let your taste buds experience the ultimate combination of sweet and spicy.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you tired of the same old chicken recipe? Do you crave something with a little more sweetness and spice? Look no further than this Mango Sweet Chili Chicken recipe!
With juicy boneless skinless chicken breasts coated in a delicious combination of sweet mango chunks, soy sauce, honey, and gentle tang of red wine vinegar and lime zest, you’ll be begging for seconds. But don’t forget about the star of the show: the mango chili sauce. With garlic, sambal oelek, water, and a touch of goodness from coconut oil, this chili sauce is not for the faint of heart. It packs a punch that’ll have your taste buds dancing all night long.
This dish will have everyone around your table raving for days to come. The sweet and spicy combination in mango sweet chili chicken can only be described as heaven on a plate, making it the perfect family dinner or wow-factor meal for your next dinner party.
Not only will this recipe add some pizzazz to your weekly meal plan, but it’s also easy to make! In just a few simple steps you can create a mouth-watering dish that looks like it came straight out of a restaurant kitchen. Let the chicken marinate in the sweet chili sauce and then stir-fry them to perfection. Top with some garnish like chopped cilantro or sliced scallions and you’ve got yourself an unbelievably flavorful meal.
In conclusion, if you’re looking to spice up your chicken game with bold flavors and juicy tender meat that come together in an easy-to-make dish, Mango Sweet Chili Chicken is your answer. Trust me; once you taste it, you won’t want anything else!
As with any great recipe, the success of the Mango Sweet Chili Chicken recipe relies heavily on the quality of ingredients used. Here’s what you’ll need to make this mouth-watering dish:
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts: 2 breasts (1lb. total), cut into bite-size pieces.
- Large shrimp (optional): 1/2 lb., peeled and deveined.
- Coconut oil: 1 tablespoon, for stir-frying.
- Garlic: 2 cloves, minced.
- Mango chunks: 1 cup, fresh or frozen.
- Red wine vinegar: 2 tablespoons.
- Soy sauce: 2 tablespoons.
- Honey: 1 tablespoon.
- Sambal oelek (chili paste): 1 teaspoon.
- Water: 1/4 cup.
- Kosher salt: a pinch.
For the chili mango sauce:
- Chopped mango: ½ cup.
- Lime juice: from 2 limes (about 1/4 cup).
- Garlic cloves: 2, minced.
- Red pepper flakes or Thai chili flakes (optional): to taste.
- Coconut sugar: 1 tablespoon
- Sweet chili sauce: ⅓ cup.
- Lime zest, from one lime.
- Cilantro sprigs, chopped.
All ingredients can be found at your local grocery store, but for the best quality mangoes and shrimp, try heading down to your nearest farmer’s market or seafood supplier.
The Recipe How-To
Here’s the moment you’ve been waiting for – the step-by-step process of making the delicious Mango Sweet Chili Chicken! You ready? Let’s get started!
For this recipe you’ll need:
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- Lime zest from 1 lime
- The juice of 2 limes (about 1/4 cup)
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of sambal oelek or chili flakes
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 kg boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into small pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
For the Mango Chili Sauce
- Flesh from a large ripe mango, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Juice from a lime (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek or chili flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- Preheat your oven to 200°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, red wine vinegar, lime zest, lime juice, garlic, sambal oelek or chili flakes, and water.
- Add the chicken to a large resealable bag and pour in the marinade. Seal the bag tightly and mix well until all chicken pieces are evenly coated with marinade. Marinate for at least an hour or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and add it to the skillet. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Stir-fry for about six to eight minutes on each side or until cooked through and slightly caramelized.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the mango chili sauce by blending together all of its ingredients until smooth.
- Once cooked through, remove chicken pieces from skillet and place them on prepared baking sheet.
- Pour the mango chili sauce all over the chicken pieces.
- Bake in preheated oven for about five to seven minutes or until chicken is caramelized and sauce looks sticky.
This recipe may seem complex at first but it’s really easy to make once you get going! Plus, it’s absolutely worth it for that combination of sweet and spicy flavors that are sure to tantalize your tastebuds.
Enjoy your homemade Mango Sweet Chili Chicken!
Substitutions and Variations
Cooking is an art, which means you can add a personal touch and experiment to create unique meals. Here are some ideas for substitutions and variations on the Mango Sweet Chili Chicken recipe:
– Protein: This recipe is perfect with chicken, but you can also use other proteins like shrimp or beef. The marinade will work well with any protein of your choice.
– Spice Level: The amount of sambal oelek used in the Mango Sweet Chili Chicken recipe gives it a moderate spice level. You can adjust the heat level by increasing or decreasing the amount of sambal oelek in the marinade.
– Mango: Make the dish even more mango-y by adding more mango chunks or using mango juice as a substitute for some of the water in the recipe.
– Coconut Sugar: If you don’t have coconut sugar on hand, you can replace it with brown sugar or honey without affecting the final taste of the dish.
– Lime Zest and Juice: If you’re out of limes, lemons can be used as a substitute for both zest and juice to add tanginess to the marinade.
– Sauce: Experiment with different types of chili sauce such as sweet chili sauce or Thai chili sauce to give the chicken varying levels of heat and sweetness.
– Dipping Sauce: Try a dipping sauce along with your Mango Sweet Chili Chicken. A hot dipping sauce, such as sriracha or jalapeño-lime sauce, would be great, especially for those who like their food spicier.
With these substitutions and variations, your Mango Sweet Chili Chicken dish will be elevated to new heights!
Serving and Pairing
One of the best things about the Mango Sweet Chili Chicken recipe is its versatility. This dish can be served in many ways, making it perfect for any occasion, whether it’s a family dinner or a fancy dinner party. Here are some ideas for serving and pairing this mouth-watering delicacy:
– Served with rice: The sweet and spicy flavors of the Mango Sweet Chili Chicken recipe pair beautifully with fluffy steamed rice. The rice works as a perfect vessel to absorb all the delicious juices from this dish.
– As a chicken stir-fry: Serve your Mango Sweet Chili Chicken over a bed of stir-fried vegetables like bell peppers, broccoli, and onions for an extra boost of nutrition.
– As a dipping sauce: If you’re inviting guests over, consider using the Mango Sweet Chili Sauce as a dipping sauce for chicken wings or vegetable skewers. Your guests will rave about it!
– With mango salad: A light and refreshing mango salad with fresh mango chunks, bell peppers, and lime vinaigrette is the perfect side dish to complement the Mango Sweet Chili Chicken. The combination of spices in both dishes pairs wonderfully well.
– As a sandwich filling: Try stuffing your Mango Sweet Chili Chicken into warm tortillas or pita bread for an exciting twist on the classic sandwich. It is perfect to take it to work or have a casual picnic with friends.
– Pair with hot sauce: For those looking to add even more heat to their meal, serve your Mango Sweet Chili Chicken alongside some Thai chili or hot sauce.
However you choose to serve your Mango Sweet Chili Chicken recipe, you won’t be disappointed. With so many versatile options available, this dish is guaranteed to become a family favorite in no time!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Preparing meals in advance is a great way to save you time and enjoy your meals, even on the busiest days. Luckily, this Mango Sweet Chili Chicken Recipe is a fantastic dish to make ahead of time, and it stores and reheats wonderfully. Here are some tips on how to do it:
To make-ahead, prepare the dish as instructed in section (4) How-To. Once the chicken has cooled, transfer it into an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator for up to three days. You can also freeze it for up to a month.
To reheat, gently warm the leftover chicken in the microwave or oven until heated through. To retain its original texture and flavor, consider reheating over lower heat or reducing the microwave power. Remember to add extra sauce or water to keep the dish moist while reheating.
Storing leftovers is also easy. Simply transfer any unused portions of Mango Sweet Chili Chicken into an airtight container and store it in the fridge for up to three days. Make sure you label each container with the date so that you know when it was prepared.
When ready to serve again, you can reheat Mango Sweet Chili Chicken using your preferred method, and it will still taste as good as fresh.
In conclusion, with these tips in mind, you can enjoy this Mango Sweet Chili Chicken recipe whenever your heart desires without worrying about starting from scratch every time. Prepare it ahead of time, store leftovers properly, reheat as needed, and you’ll always have a delicious meal ready to go!
Tips for Perfect Results
To ensure that your mango sweet chili chicken recipe turns out perfectly, here are some tips that will help you:
1. Use fresh ingredients: When cooking any dish, including this one, using fresh ingredients will enhance the flavor and overall quality of your dish.
2. Do not overcook the chicken: Overcooking the chicken can lead to it becoming dry and tough. Cook the chicken until it is just cooked through and no longer pink on the inside.
3. Marinate the chicken: Marinating the chicken for at least 30 minutes before cooking will add extra flavor and tenderness to the meat.
4. Prepare all ingredients in advance: Before you start cooking, make sure that you have chopped and measured all of your ingredients. This will allow you to focus on cooking without being distracted by having to prepare ingredients as you go.
5. Adjust seasoning to taste: Taste your dish throughout the cooking process and adjust seasoning as needed. The mango sweet chili sauce is meant to be a combination of sweet and spicy flavors, so find what works for you.
6. Use a non-stick pan or wok: Using a non-stick pan or wok will prevent sticking, which can compromise the texture of your final dish.
7. Add water if needed: If your mango sweet chili sauce becomes too thick, add water one tablespoon at a time until it reaches your desired consistency.
8. Garnish with fresh lime juice and chopped cilantro before serving: Adding fresh lime juice and cilantro enhances the overall freshness and flavor of the dish.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to create an amazing mango sweet chili chicken that is sure to impress anyone who tries it.
As we get deeper into the recipe, some questions may arise. To make sure you succeed in this culinary adventure, I’ve put together some frequently asked questions and their corresponding answers! From storage to substitutions, I’ve got you covered. Let’s dive in!
Why did chilis get rid of mango chili chicken?
Chili’s is moving away from following the latest food fads and as a result, some of their popular items like Honey-Chipotle Crispers, Waffles and Fresh Mex Bowls may not be offered for long. The removal of Mango Tilapia from the menu suggests that other dishes like Mango-Chile Chicken and Ancho Salmon may also be discontinued.
What is mango chicken made of?
If you’re looking for an Asian-inspired dish that marries tender, juicy fried chicken with sweet and tangy mangoes, with a crunch of onions and bell pepper, look no further than mango chicken. The dish is elevated by a savory, spicy, and sweet sauce that perfectly balances all of the flavors. It’s no surprise that it has become a beloved favorite for many.
In conclusion, the Mango Sweet Chili Chicken Recipe is an absolutely delectable dish that combines the bold flavors of sweet and spicy into one delicious meal. With the combination of mango chunks, garlic, sambal oelek, lime juice and soy sauce among other ingredients, this recipe has become a fan favorite among food enthusiasts.
Try out this recipe in your kitchen and experience the magic of mango chili sauce that elevates chicken stir fry to a whole new level. You can also make substitutions or variations based on your preferences without compromising on taste.
With these easy-to-follow steps and tips for perfect results, even beginner cooks can easily whip up this chicken recipe at home. Wow your family or impress your guests with your culinary skills as you serve up this tasty treat. Trust me; they won’t be able to resist!
So why not give this Best Sweet Chili Mango Chicken Recipe a try today? And let us know in the comments below how you liked it. Happy cooking!
Mango Sweet Chili Chicken Recipe
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 12 ounces medium shrimp
- 4 wooden skewers
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup Agave, necture
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (to taste) or 1 tablespoon chili paste (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 large mango (peeled and diced)
- Fill a large bowl with 1 quart of warm water with the Kosher salt and sugar. Stir until the salt and sugar is mostly dissolved. Add the chicken and brine 15 minutes. Remove the chicken breast and rinse with cold water, then pat dry.
- Soak the skewers in water a few minutes. Spear the shrimp, 7-8 per skewer. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Preheat a large cast iron grill pan over high heat. Brush the chicken with the coconut oil. Seasoning both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper. Grill the chicken 1½ minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a foil lined baking sheet. Pour on ¾ of the sauce.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until the chicken reaches 165°F. Remove from oven loosely cover with foil. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes.
- Heat the grill pan, coated with nonstick cooking spray, on medium heat. Add the shrimp skewers and brush on half of the remaining sauce. Cook 2-3 minutes. Flip and brush on the remaining sauce. Cool 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a serving dish. Serve the chicken and shrimp along with rice and a veggie side dish.
- Combine all of the sauce ingredients, except the diced mango, in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Mix the water and cornstarch. Add the diced mango to the pot. Simmer 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
Mishra Vikas is a digital nomad who loves to explore the world and learn about its cultures. As a programmer, backpacker, and cook, he enjoys sharing his adventures and cooking up delectable dishes. Writing about his experiences, creating tasty recipes, and discovering new places are some of his favorite activities. He’s an avid traveler and passionate chef, always on the lookout for an exciting new journey.