Are you tired of missing out on delicious pizza just because you’re on a low carb or keto diet? Fear not, for I have the perfect solution for you – a low carb deep dish pizza recipe that will blow your mind!
This pizza recipe is an absolute game-changer for those who crave the cheesy, saucy goodness of a real Chicago-style deep dish pizza while still adhering to their low carb or keto lifestyle. With this recipe, you can indulge in all the flavors and textures of a traditional deep dish pizza without sacrificing your health goals.
The crust is made from almond flour and parmesan cheese, resulting in a crispy and satisfying texture that will leave you feeling satisfied. The filling consists of a luscious blend of shredded mozzarella cheese, ground beef, pepperoni, and pizza sauce that will make your taste buds dance with joy.
So grab your apron and get ready to impress yourself (and others) with this mouth-watering low carb deep dish pizza recipe. Trust me, once you’ve tried it, there’s no going back to regular pizza crusts!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you a pizza lover who wants to maintain a healthy low-carb diet? If yes, then this low carb deep dish pizza recipe is the perfect choice for you! Whether you’re on a keto or gluten-free diet, or just looking to cut down on carbs, this recipe is what you need. Not only is it healthy, but it’s also packed with delicious flavor that will leave your taste buds craving more.
One of the best things about this pizza is the crust. Made with almond flour and parmesan cheese, it has the same texture as traditional pizza crust but with lower carbohydrates. Additionally, the cream cheese adds extra creaminess and richness to the dough, making it even more delectable.
But that’s not all! The pizza toppings are another reason why you’ll fall in love with this recipe. This Chicago-style deep dish pizza is loaded with shredded mozzarella cheese, ground beef, pepperoni, and your favorite vegetable toppings. You can customize your toppings according to your preference – whether you are a meat-lover or a vegetarian.
The combination of garlic powder and oregano blend perfectly together to give it an unparalleled aroma and taste. If you’re a fan of stuffed crusts, then add an extra layer of shredded mozzarella cheese and roll up the edge before baking!
This pizza is easy to make and can be prepared in just 30 minutes. Serve it up for dinner, lunch or entertaining friends – either way, it will be a hit among your guests. It’s so delicious that even those who don’t follow any special diet will enjoy every bite!
So why not indulge in a slice (or two) guilt-free? You’ll enjoy all the flavors and textures of traditional pizza – without feeling bloated afterwards.
Here are the ingredients needed for this Low Carb Deep Dish Pizza Recipe:
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup diced pepperoni
Feel free to add or change the toppings according to your preference, but keep in mind that they may affect the nutritional values per serving.
– Cooked ground beef or sausage
– Sliced bell peppers or onions
The Recipe How-To
Step 1: Preheat Oven and Make the Crust
First, preheat the oven to 375°F. In a medium bowl, mix 1 ¾ cups of shredded mozzarella cheese, ¾ cup of almond flour, ¼ cup of grated parmesan cheese, 2 eggs, 2 ounces of softened cream cheese, 1 teaspoon of baking Powder, and ½ teaspoon each of garlic powder and oregano.
Mix all until a uniform dough forms. Grease a deep dish pizza pan with butter or cooking spray, and press the dough into it.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or “until slightly golden”.
Substitutions and Variations
One of the beauties of cooking is that there is always room to experiment and make variations to a recipe. If you’re looking to switch things up with this low carb deep dish pizza recipe, there are a few substitutions and variations that you can try.
1. Different Cheese: While mozzarella cheese is a staple for pizza, you can switch it up with other types such as cheddar, provolone, or even feta.
2. Change Up the Toppings: Customize your pizza with anything you like- be it veggies like mushrooms, peppers and onions, or meats like ground beef or sausage. You could also skip the sauce altogether and make a white pizza with a bit of olive oil and minced garlic.
3. Cauliflower Pizza Crust: If you prefer a more vegetable-based crust, you can swap out the almond flour crust for something made out of cauliflower. Check out some cauliflower pizza crust recipes online if you want to give it a try!
4. Stuffed Crust Keto Pizza: You can take things to the next level by adding some cream cheese stuffed into the crust to create a rich and satisfying pizza indulgence!
5. Keto Chicago Style Pizza Casserole: Mix all of your favorite pizza toppings together in a casserole dish with some sauce, and top it off with mozzarella cheese before baking.
Be creative in switching up these ingredients and discover delicious new flavors that work for your taste buds!
Serving and Pairing
One of the best things about this low carb deep dish pizza recipe is how satisfying it is. Just one slice can fill you up, leaving you feeling satisfied and content. But what should you pair it with? Well, you’ll want to stick to low carb sides that complement the flavors of the pizza without detracting from its star quality.
One great option is a simple salad with a tangy vinaigrette. The acidity in the dressing will help cut through the richness of the cheese and meat on the pizza, while the crisp greens provide a refreshing contrast. Another classic pairing for pizza is garlic bread. Fortunately, there are plenty of low carb versions out there that use almond flour or coconut flour instead of wheat flour.
If you feel like taking your meal up a notch, consider adding a glass of red wine to the mix. A bold and fruity wine like a Malbec or Cabernet Sauvignon would be perfect with this deep dish pizza. If you prefer beer, opt for a light lager or pilsner that won’t overwhelm your taste buds.
Of course, serving suggestions are purely personal preferences. Get creative and experiment to find your own perfect pairing for this delicious low carb deep dish pizza!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
One of the great things about this Low Carb Deep Dish Pizza recipe is that it can be easily prepared ahead of time, making it perfect for gatherings or for meal prepping. If you’re planning on making this dish ahead of time, simply prepare the pizza crust and toppings, then store them separately in the refrigerator.
When it’s time to cook the pizza, preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and take the crust and toppings out from the fridge. Assemble your pizza by spreading out the sauce and toppings on the crust before baking it in the oven for around 25-30 minutes.
If you have leftovers, don’t worry – this deep dish pizza can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days. Simply reheat in the oven at 350°F (175°C) for about 10-15 minutes until heated through.
For those who prefer freezing their meals for later use, you can freeze your uncooked pizza dough safely. Make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap before placing it in a freezer bag. If properly stored, your unbaked dough can last up to two months in the freezer.
To thaw your frozen dough, simply remove it from the freezer and let it defrost at room temperature for a few hours or overnight. You may want to knead and reshape it after thawing and before baking.
By following these make-ahead, storing and reheating tips, you’ll be able to enjoy delicious low carb deep dish pizzas anytime you want without compromising its quality and portability.
Tips for Perfect Results
Now that you have all the ingredients and steps at hand, let me share with you some tips to get perfect results every time you make this low carb deep dish pizza recipe.
1. Add Enough Cheese
One of the key components in any pizza recipe is cheese, and this keto deep dish pizza is no exception. Be sure to add enough shredded mozzarella cheese, cream cheese or parmesan cheese to create a delicious and cheesy result. Remember that when it comes to cheese, too little is never enough.
2. Mix the Dough Thoroughly
The dough for the crust is the foundation of any great pizza, so ensure it is mixed thoroughly before baking. If possible, use a food processor or a mixer with the dough hook attachment to achieve the right consistency. Make sure you don’t leave any dry or unincorporated bits of flour, as this could affect your crust’s texture.
3. Prepare Your Oven
This dish pizza recipe needs to be baked at high temperatures for a shorter period of time. Its crust should be golden brown and crisp on the outside but tender on the inside of the dough. Preheat your oven 15 minutes before baking time and choose to bake your pizza in the lower section of your oven to make sure that your crust won’t burn but still bakes quickly.
4. Experiment with Toppings
While making this low carb deep dish pizza recipe keep in mind that by experimenting with different toppings – fresh mushrooms; bell peppers; black olives; green onions; cooked Italian sausage and bacon will enhance flavors and make it more interesting for you to relish on.
5. Allow Pizza to Rest
Once out of the oven let your amazing Keto Deep-dish pizza rest for 2-3 minutes. By doing so your cheese will become stretchy and molten while firming up the crust in addition.
By following these simple tips, you’ll be able to prepare an extraordinary low-carb deep-dish pizza time after time!
In conclusion, the Low Carb Deep Dish Pizza Recipe is a winner in my book! It uses simple, readily available ingredients and is easy to make. It is perfect for those who want to indulge in pizza without feeling guilty or sacrificing taste. With its delicious blend of cheese, spices, and toppings, this recipe will satisfy your cravings for classic Chicago-style deep-dish pizza while still keeping you on track with your low-carb or keto lifestyle.
So why not give this recipe a try and enjoy guilt-free indulgence at its finest? Whether you are hosting a dinner party or just want a quick and easy meal, this pizza recipe will surely impress. And with the added bonus of being keto-friendly and low-carb, you can indulge without any hesitation.
So what are you waiting for? Head to your kitchen and start whipping up this delicious Low Carb Deep Dish Pizza Recipe. Trust me, it’s worth every bite!
Low Carb Deep Dish Pizza Recipe
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano or 1/4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces Italian cheese blend or 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- garlic powder, to sprinkle on top
- assorted pizza toppings (pepperoni, ham, sausage, 4 ounce can mushrooms, green peppers, bacon, ground beef, etc.)
- In a medium bowl, whisk cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
- Whisk in eggs until mixture is well-blended and smooth.
- Add the Parmesan and seasonings, then stir in the 8 ounces of mozzarella until completely moistened.
- Spread cheese mixture evenly in a well-greased 9"x13" glass baking dish or lightly greased and lined with parchment paper (see note below).
- Bake at 375ºF for 20 to 25 minutes or until evenly browned, but not too dark; let cool completely on a wire rack.
- When nearly cooled, take a metal spatula and carefully pry up the edges to loosen from pan.
- Ease the spatula under the whole crust to loosen.
- Keep crust in the pan; this makes it easier to remove the finished pizza later.
- Refrigerate, uncovered, until shortly before serving time (this dries out the crust and makes it crisper).
- Spread chilled crust with pizza sauce, then cheese and toppings of your choice (pepperoni, ham, sausage, 4 ounce can mushrooms, green peppers, bacon, ground beef, etc).
- Lightly sprinkle with garlic powder and bake at 375ºF about 15 to 20 minutes or until toppings are bubbly.
- Let stand a few minutes before cutting.
Your Own Notes
Mishra Vikas is a digital nomad who loves to explore the world and learn about its cultures. As a programmer, backpacker, and cook, he enjoys sharing his adventures and cooking up delectable dishes. Writing about his experiences, creating tasty recipes, and discovering new places are some of his favorite activities. He’s an avid traveler and passionate chef, always on the lookout for an exciting new journey.