Are you ready to embark on a culinary adventure? I hope so, because this recipe for Headquarters Chili is sure to take your taste buds on a wild ride. As a culinary explorer, I have traveled the world in search of delicious dishes and unique flavors. And let me tell you, this chili recipe is truly one of the best.
If you’re a fan of chili, then you won’t be disappointed by this recipe. With its combination of pinto beans, canned kidney beans, and lean ground beef, this dish packs a protein punch that will leave you feeling satisfied and energized. But what really sets this chili apart from others is its secret ingredient: butternut squash.
Yes, you read that right. The addition of butternut squash gives this chili a sweetness and depth of flavor that’s hard to find in other recipes. And don’t worry if you’re not a fan of squash – the flavor is subtle enough that even the most skeptical eater won’t be able to resist.
But this recipe isn’t just about the ingredients. It’s about the experience. This chili is perfect for chilly nights or lazy weekends spent lounging around the house with friends and family. It’s also great for football game days or potluck parties. Trust me – once you try this recipe, it will become a staple in your household.
So what are you waiting for? Grab your apron and get ready to cook up a storm with my Headquarters Chili recipe. Your taste buds will thank you.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Welcome to the world of chili, my dear reader! I’d like to introduce you to a masterpiece among the many chili recipes that exist out there. It is known as Headquarters Chili, and it guarantees to satisfy your taste buds like never before.
If you’re a chili fanatic, this recipe is perfect for you! This chili showcases the perfect blend of spices mixed with juicy beef—rest assured; it will meet all your needs for a hot, savory chili dish. The secret behind its authentic flavor lies in combining different fresh ingredients together that make every bite burst with flavor.
What makes this recipe stand out are the delicious beans we have used – canned kidney beans and pinto beans with a sprinkle of Tom’s famous Tabasco sauce. And let’s not forget the bundle of spices we used—a combination of cumin seeds, ground cumin, and chili powder—that create an exquisite heavenly taste in every spoon.
This chili recipe is perfect for any time of year but particularly comforting during cold weather. Picture yourself wrapping yourself up in a cozy blanket while sipping on this well-seasoned and protein-packed chili—it’s pure bliss!
In conclusion, don’t hold back; try this recipe! Impress your family or friends with this phenomenal dish by making it yourself. Feel free to adjust the spice levels according to your preferences or pair it with some squashed avocado or a dollop of sour cream. I guarantee that Headquarters Chili will become your new all-time favorite chili dish – even better than the one you had at your favorite restaurant!
Here’s a rundown of everything you’ll need to make Headquarters Chili for six people:
- 2 small green peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 lb lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 cans (1 lb each) tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed (optional)
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed (optional)
- Water, as needed
All of these ingredients are easy to find in your local grocery store.
The Recipe How-To
Once you have all of your ingredients on hand, it’s time to start cooking! Follow the step-by-step instructions to make a delicious pot of Headquarters Chili.
Step 1: Prep your Vegetables
Begin by chopping 2 small green peppers, and slicing 2 medium onions thinly. Then, dice 2 cloves of garlic.
Step 2: Brown the Ground Beef
In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat 3 tablespoons of cooking oil over medium heat. Add 3 lbs. of lean ground beef and cook until browned, stirring occasionally.
Step 3: Add in the Vegetables and Spices
Next, add in the chopped green peppers, sliced onions, and diced garlic. Cook for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Stir in 1 can (14 oz) of pinto beans, 1 can (14 oz) of canned kidney beans, 2 cans (14.5 oz each) of tomatoes, breaking them up with a spoon. Then add 3 tablespoons chili powder, 2 teaspoons cumin seeds, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Step 4: Simmer Chili and Adjust Seasoning
Cover the pot partially and bring to a simmer over low heat for at least an hour, stirring occasionally until chili is thick.
Add more salt or pepper as needed to adjust the seasoning. If you prefer spicy chili, add some extra Tabasco sauce to taste.
Step 5: Garnish and Serve
When the chili is ready, you can garnish with sliced green onions, cheddar cheese or sour cream if desired. This recipe also pairs well with butternut squash chili pie for a complete meal!
Now that you have made the perfect bowl of chili using this delicious recipe book from Headquarters Chili Marlboro Cookbook Recipes, it’s time to enjoy your labor. Happy eating!
Substitutions and Variations
Ah, the beauty of cooking is in the variety of flavors and ingredients that can be combined to make a dish unique. For the Headquarters Chili Recipe, here are some substitutions and variations that you could try out:
1. Beans – Instead of using canned kidney beans or pinto beans, you could substitute with black beans or white beans for color contrast in your chili.
2. Heat level – The level of spiciness within this recipe is pretty moderate but feel free to adjust to your liking by reducing or increasing the amount of chili powder, Tabasco sauce or cumin seeds used.
3. Vegetables- If green peppers aren’t your thing, try using jalapeño or poblano peppers for added flavor or even adding diced butternut squash to add creaminess.
4. Meat – For a healthier option, you could swap ground beef with lean ground chicken, turkey or bison. Trying out different types of meat helps keep this recipe varied while tasting fantastic.
5. Toppings – Adding a dollop of sour cream or cheddar cheese on top will give your Headquarters Chili Recipe that creamy touch that it needs!
6. Cooking method- While the recipe talks about making it on the stove-top, you can easily prepare HQ Chili in a slow cooker! Just cook your meat first then toss everything into the slow cooker on low heat to bring all flavors together over a few hours.
Alternatively if you’re looking for something fancy for dinner guests, why not experiment and try baking this chili into a pie crust? Tempting right?
Remember that these variations offer broad room for experimenting with the tastes that will suit your palate. Be bold but cautious when substituting anything from the original recipe to ensure great results every time!
Serving and Pairing
After hours of simmering, your headquarters chili is finally ready! But now you must decide how to serve and pair it. This dish is delicious on its own, but it can also be served with many different accompaniments that bring out the flavors of the chili.
To start, you can serve this chili with a side of cornbread or tortilla chips. Both of these options complement the spiciness of the chili while also adding a touch of crunchiness. Cornbread is known for its mild sweetness which balances well with the heat from the chili.
Another great pairing is rice. You can serve the chili over a bed of steaming white rice or mix in some cooked brown rice to create a filling and satisfying meal. The rice helps absorb any extra liquid from the chili, and adds some texture to each bite.
If you’re looking for a lighter option, salad greens are also an excellent pairing for headquarters chili. The freshness and crunchiness of lettuce mixed with some fresh diced tomatoes and onions can help cool down the palette after each spicy spoonful.
Additionally, you can garnish your bowl of headquarters chili with a dollop of sour cream, shredded cheese or some chopped green onions. All these toppings add a lovely tangy and creamy flavor that pairs perfectly with the spiciness of this famous chili recipe.
For drink pairings, beer or red wine both make excellent choices for this hearty dish. For non-alcoholic options, consider serving iced tea or lemonade.
With all these accompanied dishes and drink options, you are guaranteed to make your chili day unforgettable!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
The Headquarters Chili Recipe is a classic for any occasion, and it’s perfect to make ahead of time. You can prep the ingredients and cook the chili up to three days in advance, which is excellent when you have busy weekdays or when hosting a large gathering. When making ahead, cool the chili completely, then store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer if you want to keep it for more than three days.
When reheating, you want to keep it simple. Heat the chili in a pot or microwave until piping hot, stirring occasionally. If reheating from frozen, let thaw overnight in the fridge before reheating. You might need to add a little water or beef broth while re-heating your chili to loosen it up after being stored in the fridge or freezer.
As with most slow-cooked recipes, the chili’s flavors will enhance as it sits longer. So I suggest making enough to have leftovers – they’re just as good, if not better than fresh out of the pot! Once again, make sure that you store them properly in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer using plastic wrap with parchment paper between them for better stacking.
Lastly, you can get creative with your leftovers! Use them for nachos or chili dogs at your next game night or give your leftover chili some love by adding it into other recipes like homemade pot pies, burritos and even pizza toppings. Just make sure that you reheat thoroughly before using them again.
Tips for Perfect Results
To ensure that you create the perfect Headquarters Chili, here are some tips and tricks to keep in mind:
1. Brown the meat first: Before adding any ingredients, make sure to brown the meat. This will create a delicious foundation for your chili.
2. Don’t skimp on the spices: Spices are what make the Headquarters Chili unique, so don’t be afraid to add more cumin or chili powder if you feel like it’s necessary.
3. Use fresh ingredients: It may be tempting to use canned beans and tomatoes, but fresh ingredients always make a difference. Especially if you’re making this recipe during peak chili season, try to source fresh pinto beans and ripe tomatoes from farmers’ markets.
4. Let it simmer: Chili is a dish that requires patience. The longer it simmers on low heat, the better the flavors will meld together.
5. Add toppings: When serving your chili, add toppings such as shredded cheddar cheese, green onions, or even sour cream to elevate the flavors and textures of the dish.
6. Experiment with substitutions: While the ingredient list for Headquarters Chili may seem extensive, there are plenty of substitutions and variations you can try. If you’re feeling bold, try using bison instead of beef or adding butternut squash to create a Squash Chili variation.
By following these tips and experimenting with variations of this recipe, you’ll perfect your own version of Headquarters Chili that is sure to become a staple dish in your recipe book.
In conclusion, if you’re looking for a delicious and hearty dish that is easy to make, then the Headquarters Chili Recipe is the one for you. This recipe’s combination of tomatoes, beans, ground beef and spices creates a flavor explosion in your mouth that you won’t forget. By using fresh ingredients like garlic, onions, and green peppers, you can make this famous chili recipe taste even better.
Not only is this Chili recipe tasty, its versatility allows it to be served in any occasion. Be it game night or a cold winter’s evening, Headquarters Chili has got you covered every time. You can even customize the recipe according to your preference – add some butternut squash for extra depth or substitute the ground beef for bison chili.
Furthermore, with its simple ingredients and easy-to-follow instructions, anyone can make this delicious chili at home. And with tips on how to store and reheat the leftovers, this chili recipe not only provides a fresh meal but can be enjoyed multiple times throughout the week.
Overall, the Headquarters Chili Recipe is a culinary masterpiece worth trying. So whether you’re a gourmet chef or an amateur cook, give this amazing recipe a try and discover why it’s so famous among foodies across the country.
Headquarters Chili Recipe
- 3 lbs coarsely lean ground beef
- 2 small green peppers, chopped
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 (1 lb) cans tomatoes
- 4 -5 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons crushed cumin seeds or 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup water
- 3 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans or (15 ounce) cans canned kidney beans
- Cook beef, green peppers, onions and garlic in Chili Kettle until beef is lightly browned.
- Add all ingredients except beans. Cover and simmer 45 minutes.
- Stir in undrained beans; cover and simmer 25 minutes.
Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
Mishra Vikas is a digital nomad who loves to explore the world and learn about its cultures. As a programmer, backpacker, and cook, he enjoys sharing his adventures and cooking up delectable dishes. Writing about his experiences, creating tasty recipes, and discovering new places are some of his favorite activities. He’s an avid traveler and passionate chef, always on the lookout for an exciting new journey.