Picture this: a giant, delicious cookie in the shape of a pizza. Topped with gooey chocolate chips and baked to perfection. It’s like getting the best of both worlds – pizza and cookies! This Giant Pizza Cookie recipe is not only easy to make, but it’s also guaranteed to impress anyone who tries it.
So why settle for a boring old birthday cake or plain sugar cookie when you can make something that will leave your taste buds dancing? Whether you’re a seasoned baker or just starting out, this recipe is sure to be a hit.
Now, let me ask you something: have you ever seen anything quite like this? It’s perfect for a birthday party, a unique dessert option or simply to satisfy your sweet craving – without having to choose between getting pizza or grabbing a cookie. Trust me – it’s an experience you don’t want to miss out on.
So gear up your kitchen and empty your stomachs because we’re about to embark on the making of the Giant Pizza Cookie that can be arguably better than some of the well-known massive chocolate chip cookies out there – *cough cough* copycat Papa John’s and Pillsbury cookies.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Picture this: a giant cookie the size of a pizza, fresh out of the oven and covered in melty chocolate chips. Is your mouth watering yet? If it is, then let me introduce you to the wonderful world of cookie pizzas.
This recipe for a Giant Pizza Cookie is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth and leave you feeling beyond satisfied. Let me tell you why you’ll love it.
Firstly, who doesn’t love a good chocolate chip cookie? It’s an American classic that never gets old. Now imagine turning that classic cookie into a giant pizza – the perfect dessert for any occasion. Birthdays, holidays, or just a night in with friends – the Giant Pizza Cookie will always be a hit.
Secondly, this recipe is incredibly easy to make. With just a few simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry, you can whip up this decadent dessert in no time. Just mix everything together in one bowl, spread it onto a pizza pan, and bake. It’s as simple as that!
And finally, let’s talk about how versatile this recipe is. You can switch up the flavors by adding different types of chips like peanut butter or big chocolate chunks. You could even turn it into a sugar cookie base and create birthday cookie cakes! And for those who prefer vegan recipes, simply swap out the butter and eggs for plant-based substitutes.
In conclusion, whether you’re looking for an easy dessert that will impress your guests or just wanting to indulge in some delicious sweets, this Giant Pizza Cookie recipe is sure to hit the spot. So why not give it a try? Your taste buds will thank you.
Before we start creating our Giant Pizza Cookie, it is essential to prepare all the ingredients. Here are the ingredients needed for this recipe:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened (1 ½ sticks)
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 to 1 cup Chocolate chips (Depends on how chocolatey you want your cookie)
With these simple ingredients, we can make a fantastic dessert that will satisfy even the biggest sweet tooth!
The Recipe How-To
Now, we are going to put together this delectable Giant Pizza Cookie. Get your pizza pan that can fit a 12-inch cookie and let’s start baking!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups giant chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- In a large bowl, beat butter, white sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract until creamy and smooth.
- Add in the eggs one at a time while continuously beating the mixture.
- Combine the all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt and mix them into the butter mixture until it is thoroughly combined.
- Stir in the giant chocolate chips.
- Spread cookie dough evenly onto a pizza pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before slicing it up like a pizza pie.
Now that you have an idea of what to do, it is time to get started! Do not be discouraged if things do not go perfectly on your first try. The key is persistence and never giving up on creating something delicious!
Substitutions and Variations
Are you feeling adventurous and want to switch things up a bit? Don’t worry; I’ve got you covered! Though the original recipe is perfect as it is, sometimes we all crave some creativity in the kitchen. Here are some ideas to spice things up:
– For a nutty twist, add some chopped peanuts or walnuts to the dough.
– If you’re feeling like going full-on chocolate crazy, swap the chocolate chips for peanut butter chips, white chocolate chips, or both!
– Want to make it vegan-friendly? Substitute the butter with margarine and use vegan chocolate chips.
– Feeling ambitious? Make a sugar cookie pizza instead! Simply replace the brown sugar with white sugar, and voila! You have yourself a giant sugar cookie pizza.
– Tired of regular pizza toppings? Get creative and add some fruit! Perhaps some sliced bananas, strawberries or even caramelized apples on top of your giant dessert pizza sounds exciting?
– Want to turn it into a birthday cake? Use a fun-shaped cookie cutter like a star, heart or number for your giant cookie. And don’t forget to decorate with lots of frosting, sprinkles and candles!
– For those looking for something similar to store-bought cookie pizzas found at Pizza Hut or Papa John’s, simply skip the chocolate chips and add some M&Ms or crushed candy bars over the top of your pizza cookie. This will give that classic “candy shop” vibe that’s hard not to love.
No matter how you decide to make your giant pizza cookie, just remember, there are no rules in food creation! So let your taste buds guide you and have fun experimenting with different flavors and toppings.
Serving and Pairing
Once you have whipped up this giant chocolate chip cookie pizza, the next step is to figure out how you’re going to serve it. This decadent dessert can be enjoyed hot or cold, straight from the oven or after a few hours of cooling down. Either way, it is bound to satisfy your sweet cravings and leave you feeling on top of the world.
One way to elevate the flavors of this pizza cookie is to pair it with your favorite ice cream. A scoop or two will contrast perfectly with the warm, soft cookie dough and create a delightful experience for your taste buds. Go for classic vanilla or something exciting like peanut butter or birthday cake ice cream.
If you’re looking for an even more indulgent experience, consider adding toppings like whipped cream, sprinkles or chocolate sauce along with the ice cream. The result will be a decadent dessert that looks just as good as it tastes. You can also experiment with other toppings like fruit, chocolate chips, or chopped nuts.
We know there’s no wrong way to enjoy this giant cookie pizza, but a glass of milk and good company are always a welcome addition to any dessert night. Plus, sharing is caring–and what better way to share than with a big slice of homemade pizza cookie?
With its rich chocolatey flavor and soft, chewy texture, this recipe is sure to be a hit at any party or gathering. And heck– why not try serving it as an alternative to traditional birthday cakes? It’s a crowd-pleaser and perfect for creating long-lasting memories with loved ones.
Whatever route you take in terms of serving and pairing this delicious dessert pizza, one thing’s for sure: you can’t go wrong with the satisfying combination of warm cookie dough and melted chocolate chips that makes up this recipe.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
If you’re planning on making this giant pizza cookie ahead of time, be sure to store it properly so that it retains its fresh, chewy texture. Once the cookie has cooled completely, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and store in an airtight container or freezer-safe bag in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 2 months.
When reheating the cookie from the fridge, preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and place the wrapped cookie on a baking sheet. Bake for approximately 5-8 minutes or until heated through.
To reheat from the freezer, let the cookie thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating according to the instructions above. You can also microwave individual slices on a microwave-safe plate for 10-15 seconds on high power.
I highly recommend single serving reheating for better results. The taste straight out of the oven is always superior but reheating this giant cookie belongs to those who like it gooey and caramelized.
Now you can make this dessert pizza ahead of time and still enjoy it as if it was freshly baked thanks to these simple storing and reheating instructions.
Tips for Perfect Results
As a culinary explorer, I know that even the most experienced chefs can face some hurdles while making a recipe. Therefore, this section covers some tips and tricks to get the perfect giant pizza cookie every time without any hiccups!
First and foremost, make sure to soften your butter before starting the recipe. It is easier to cream the softened butter with sugar, which will yield a light and fluffy dough. If you forget to soften your butter earlier, cut it into small cubes and let it come to room temperature for about 20-30 minutes.
Next, use a pizza pan that is at least 12 inches in diameter. A smaller pan will make it difficult to spread out the dough evenly, and a bigger pan will make the cookie thinner around the edges.
When measuring your flour, spoon it into the measuring cup then level it off with a butter knife. This method ensures accuracy in measurements and helps avoid adding too much flour which can result in a dry dough.
For the ideal thickness of the giant pizza cookie, use two cups of all-purpose flour instead of three or four cups that you might have used for traditional cookies.
Another important trick is to make sure your oven is preheated to 350°F before placing the pizza cookie into it. This helps ensure even baking throughout the pizza cookie and avoid under-cooked centers or burnt edges.
Lastly, allow your giant pizza cookie to cool down for at least 10 minutes on the pizza pan before slicing and serving it. This cooling process allows the center to set completely and makes slicing easier without ruining its shape.
By following these simple tips and tricks above, you’ll definitely end up with a perfect giant pizza cookie every single time!
As with any recipe, you may have some questions or concerns about making it. Don’t worry, I’m here to help! Here are some of the most common questions I’ve encountered regarding this giant pizza cookie recipe.
How do you know when a giant cookie is done?
When checking if your cookies are ready, carefully nudge the sides of a cookie with a spatula or finger after opening the oven and sliding the rack out a bit. If the edges hold shape and don’t sink inwards, your treats are good to go. However, if you notice a clear impression, it’s best to give them a few more minutes in the oven.
How big is the Pizza Hut cookie pizza?
Pizza Hut is serving a new dessert that is perfect for those who enjoy indulging in sweet treats after devouring a large pizza. The “pizza cookie” is an 8-inch dessert with 8 slices, generously loaded with 165 Hershey’s semi-sweet chocolate chips in each slice. This dessert offers a rich and decadent experience that complements the savory flavors of pizza.
What is the secret to chewy cookies?
As a food enthusiast, I’ve discovered a clever technique to enhance the taste and texture of my baked goods. While most cookie recipes call for a single egg, I’ve found that by discarding the egg whites and incorporating an extra yolk instead, the end product turns out much more flavorful and soft. The whites, which tend to dry out, are replaced with the yolk’s fatty richness, ensuring a chewy, delectable delight. This method works great and is definitely worth trying out in your own baking endeavors.
How many people does a 12 inch cookie cake serve?
When it comes to cookie cakes, we offer two sizes that cater to different occasions. Our 12″ cookie cake is ideal for smaller gatherings and can easily serve 8 people. On the other hand, if you’re hosting a larger party or event, the 16″ cookie cake is perfect and can satisfy up to 16 people.
In conclusion, the Giant Pizza Cookie Recipe is a must-try for all dessert lovers out there. With its unique combination of a traditional chocolate chip cookie and a pizza, it’s sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.
This recipe is perfect for birthday cakes or even just as a fun weekend treat. The versatility of this recipe means it can be customized with different toppings and served with various sides based on your liking and personal preference.
Making it is easy, fuss-free and requires simple pantry staples that are readily available in most households.
Overall, this recipe has proven to be incredibly popular among people of all ages, so why not give it a try for yourself? Whether you’re a fan of pizza or chocolate chip cookies or both (who isn’t?), you won’t want to miss out on this giant cookie pizza.
Giant Pizza Cookie Recipe
- 1 roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 (14 ounce) box royal icing
- food coloring
- piping bag for icing
- pastry tips # 2a and # 125 for icing
- OPTIONAL CANDY TOPPINGS: red licorice wheels or red fruit leather, black licorice, square piece bubble gum, green and/or purple taffy candy, pink bubble tape.
- Press sugar cookie dough into a round cookie pan.
- Bake according to package or recipe instructions.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool at least 2 hours. You can remove from the pan or leave it inside.
- Make royal icing according to box or recipe instructions.
- Divide about half of the icing into two other bowls, one with slightly more than the other.
- Color the remaining icing yellow (gel icing colors work best because they don’t alter the consistency of the icing).
- Color the smallest portion of icing red and the last bowl a tan crust-like color (we used a little copper and a little brown to achieve this look).
- Fill an icing bag affixed with a large round tip (like #2A) with the yellow icing. Pipe a large circle onto cookie representing where you’ll want your “cheese” layer to go out to (leave about 1 1/2 inches for the sauce and crust). Immediately fill this circle in with the rest of the yellow icing, spreading together with a spatula if needed.
- Allow the yellow icing to set for a few minutes until it has a slight crust on it.
- Now fill an icing bag with the same larger tip with the red icing. And pipe this around the “cheese” circle. This represents pizza sauce so it doesn’t need to be perfect.
- Similarly allow to set for a few minutes before finally following with the crust-colored icing and spreading it out to the edge of your cookie. A flatter icing tip, such as #125, is perfect for this.
- Now make the perfect pizza for yourself by choosing your favorite toppings! Red licorice wheels are perfect pepperonis, and so is red fruit leather cut into circles. Cutting black licorice into little rings makes great olives. Red square bubble gum for tomatoes, yellow for pineapple, green or purple for onions. Bubble gum tape can be cut into squares for ham, and green or purple taffy can be cut into pepper slices or purple onion strips.
- Add your desired toppings and then use a pizza roller to slice into pieces and serve!
Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
Mishra Vikas is a digital nomad who loves to explore the world and learn about its cultures. As a programmer, backpacker, and cook, he enjoys sharing his adventures and cooking up delectable dishes. Writing about his experiences, creating tasty recipes, and discovering new places are some of his favorite activities. He’s an avid traveler and passionate chef, always on the lookout for an exciting new journey.