Are you tired of the same old boring pizzas, loaded with unhealthy ingredients and high in sodium, taking a toll on your health? Well, I’ve got an exciting new recipe for you that is both delicious and nutritious: Digest Diet Pizza with Wilted Greens, Ricotta, and Almonds.
This pizza recipe is an ideal choice for people on the go who like to enjoy their food while still maintaining good health. It’s perfect for those who follow a plant-based diet or simply want to incorporate more greens into their diet. Furthermore, it’s made with no added salt tomato paste, part-skim ricotta cheese, and roasted garlic in olive oil to make it flavor-rich while still being healthy.
The escarole and rosemary toppings on this pizza recipe add lots of essential nutrients and fiber, making it ideal for digestive trouble. On top of that, the almond ricotta provides a creamy texture that pairs perfectly with the wilted greens.
So without further ado, let’s dive into the recipe and make this incredible Digest Diet Pizza with Wilted Greens, Ricotta, and Almonds. Trust me when I say that this pizza is going to be a hit at your next family dinner or social gathering!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
You’re probably familiar with the feeling of guilt and regret after indulging in a delicious pizza loaded with cheese, meats, and a greasy crust. But what if I told you there’s a way to enjoy a scrumptious pizza without feeling guilty? The Digest Diet: Pizza With Wilted Greens, Ricotta, and Almonds Recipe is a game-changer! Whether you’re trying to maintain a healthy diet or looking for ways to incorporate more greens into your meals, this recipe is for you.
One of the reasons you’ll fall in love with this recipe is that it uses no-added-salt tomato paste instead of heavy sauce that’s packed with sodium. You won’t miss it, though – trust me! The tomato paste paired with flavorsome herbs like rosemary and fine sea salt provides the perfect balance of taste. Plus, it’s oil-free and vegan-friendly!
The crust is made with almond ricotta, which is low in fat and calories compared to traditional cheese. This makes it an excellent option for those who are lactose intolerant or trying to reduce their dairy intake. And yes, you read correctly: crispy pizza with shredded chicken scallions and butternut squash pizza can be still yummy even without loads of cheese.
The real star of this dish, though, is the wilted greens. The recipe calls for escarole or swiss chard creamy almond ricotta pizza winter greens recipe mesclun spinach as toppings. This adds a depth of flavor and nutrients that balances perfectly with the tangy taste of part-skim ricotta cheese (also healthier than whole-milk ricotta).
And let’s not forget about the roasted garlic cloves! They provide an earthy flavor that complements the sweet notes of butternut squash and mesclun greens.
All these ingredients are carefully combined to make an irresistible pizza that will satisfy your cravings while staying true to your dietary restrictions. You’ll love how easy it is to prepare this pizza as well – it only takes minutes to assemble before popping it in the oven.
Overall, this recipe is perfect for anyone who loves pizza but doesn’t want all the greasy calories or processed ingredients. So why not give it a try? Your taste buds (and waistline) will thank you!
Before diving into the recipe, let’s take a look at the ingredient list so you can have everything on hand for when the craving hits. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ head escarole or other winter greens
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- ⅛ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons no-added-salt tomato paste
- Almond Ricotta
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup chopped roasted garlic
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
Once you’ve gathered these ingredients, we can start making our delicious Digest Diet: Pizza With Wilted Greens, Ricotta and Almonds Recipe.
The Recipe How-To
Now that you have salivated over the prospect of this delicious pizza, let’s get down to business. Follow these steps to create your very own Pizza with Wilted Greens, Ricotta, and Almonds.
Step 1: Preheat Your Oven
First things first, preheat your oven to 425°F. The goal is to get that oven piping hot before you start baking.
Step 2: Prepare Your Greens
Next, in a large skillet over low heat, sauté your greens of choice in a touch of olive oil until wilted. You can use anything from spinach to Swiss chard. I recommend escarole for its slightly bitter flavor, which pairs perfectly with creamy ricotta and crunchy almonds. Once wilted, remove from heat and set aside.
Step 3: Make Your Garlic-Almond Ricotta
In a medium bowl, mix together part-skim ricotta cheese, toasted and chopped almonds, and roasted garlic cloves. Add a sprinkling of fine sea salt and black pepper to taste.
Step 4: Assemble Your Pizza
Spread no-added-salt tomato paste on the bottom of your pizza dough or crust. Then, top with garlic-almond ricotta mixture and distribute greens evenly on top. Sprinkle some fresh rosemary and drizzle some water over everything. Throw in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the crust is crispy and golden brown.
Et voila! You’ve got yourself a deliciously healthy Pizza with Wilted Greens, Ricotta and Almonds sure to impress your dinner guests or simply satisfy your craving for something indulgent.
Substitutions and Variations
Now, for those of you who like to experiment with flavors and ingredients – we’ve got some great news! This recipe is very versatile and open to substitutions and variations for all of you explorative home cooks out there. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
1. Greens: While this recipe calls for escarole as its main green, feel free to use other winter greens such as Swiss chard or kale to mix things up. You could even try mesclun or spinach if you’re looking for a lighter flavor.
2. Almond Ricotta: If you don’t have almond ricotta on hand, no worries! Traditional ricotta cheese will work just fine. For a vegan spin, try using a homemade cashew ricotta or tofu crumbles.
3. Oil-Free: For those following an oil-free diet, swap the olive oil with vegetable broth or water in the almond ricotta mixture to maintain the creamy texture.
4. Meatless: If vegetarianism is your thing, skip the crispy chicken scallion topping and stick with just the wilted greens and ricotta cheese. Add roasted butternut squash or sautéed mushrooms for an extra burst of flavor.
5. Gluten-Free: To make this pizza gluten-free, use a cauliflower crust instead of traditional pizza dough.
These are just a few ideas to get your creative juices flowing – the possibilities are endless! Experiment with different textures and combinations until you find your favorite version of this recipe.
Serving and Pairing
Pizza with wilted greens, ricotta, and almonds is a mouthwatering delight that will leave your taste buds begging for more. But what do you serve with it? There are many different options, depending on your mood and preferences.
First of all, this dish stands perfectly on its own. The crispy pizza crust provides the perfect base for the creamy ricotta and the slightly bitter escarole. However, if you are in the mood for something extra, consider serving it with a side salad. A simple mesclun or spinach salad will provide a refreshing contrast to the richness of the pizza.
But why stop there? If you want to take it up a notch, consider pairing this pizza with a light red wine. A Pinot Noir or Beaujolais would complement the nutty flavors of the almonds perfectly. If wine isn’t your thing, a sparkling water garnished with a wedge of lemon will do the trick.
For those who want to make this pizza into a complete meal, try serving it alongside some roasted butternut squash or shredded chicken scallions. These dishes will provide extra fiber and protein to keep you feeling full and satisfied.
And let’s not forget about our vegan friends. This dish can easily be made vegan by using an almond ricotta cheese and skipping the roasted garlic. Paired with a vegan Caesar salad or roasted vegetable medley, this pizza is sure to impress even the most discerning palate.
No matter how you choose to serve it, this pizza with wilted greens, ricotta, and almonds is sure to become a regular in your culinary repertoire. Enjoy it as a starter or entree – the possibilities are endless!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Listen up, my fellow culinary explorers! This pizza recipe is one that you can easily make-ahead, store and reheat for your next mealtime adventure. With a little planning ahead, you can have a crispy pizza with wilted greens and ricotta almonds at any time.
To make-ahead, simply prepare the pizza according to the recipe instructions, but do not bake it. Instead, cover the pizza with cling wrap or aluminum foil and store it in the fridge for up to 24 hours. This ensures that when you’re ready to cook, all you need to do is preheat the oven and slide that pizza masterpiece in.
Once the pizza has been baked to perfection, consume as much as you want and save the leftovers properly. Refrigerate any remaining slices of pizza within two hours of cooking it, this will ensure its freshness. Delicious food should not be thrown away just because they can’t be consumed immediately.
You can either reheat in the oven or microwave oven until heated through and until crispy again. Reheating it in the oven for a few minutes will help bring back the crispy texture, while using a microwave will soften the crust but still allows you to enjoy its familiar taste with heat.
Trust me when I say this – this cheesy pleasure has no harsh rules when it comes to storage factoring. These slices of cheesy heaven can be stored successfully in any air-tight container or plastic bags within three days after cooking it.
With these tips in mind, you can now rest easy knowing that your homemade digest diet – pizza with wilted greens, ricotta and almonds will stay fresh, tasty and accessible whenever cravings kick in or surprise guests want a bite of your savory deliciousness.
Tips for Perfect Results
When it comes to making a pizza, there are a few tips and tricks that can take your dish from good to great. Here are my top tips for achieving perfect results with this Digest Diet Pizza With Wilted Greens, Ricotta and Almonds Recipe:
1. Use an ungreased baking sheet: While it may be tempting to add a bit of olive oil to your baking sheet to ensure your pizza won’t stick, doing so will actually make your crust greasy and heavy. Instead, use an ungreased baking sheet or stick to parchment paper for easy release.
2. Roast the garlic: Instead of using raw garlic in your ricotta mixture, roast it first for a deeper, sweeter flavor. Simply wrap a head of garlic in foil and roast in the oven until soft and tender.
3. Opt for part-skim ricotta: To keep this recipe on the healthier side, opt for part-skim ricotta cheese instead of full-fat varieties. This will cut down on both calories and saturated fat without sacrificing flavor or texture.
4. Don’t overdo the toppings: While it can be tempting to pile on every topping under the sun, doing so will actually weigh down your pizza and make for a soggy crust. Stick to just a few toppings per pizza and use a light hand when applying them.
5. Keep the greens separated until after baking: To prevent your wilted greens from becoming too soggy during cooking, add them to your pizza after it comes out of the oven rather than before. This will help keep them crispy and fresh even after baking.
By following these tips and tricks, you’ll be able to achieve a perfectly crispy yet chewy crust with flavorful toppings that won’t weigh you down. Just remember to take your time while preparing each ingredient – after all, good things come to those who wait!
Don’t be skeptical, jump on the pizza bandwagon today and try this delicious Digest Diet Pizza with Wilted Greens, Ricotta and Almonds Recipe. With its versatile ingredient list, you can use whatever you have in your refrigerator or pantry to cater to your taste preferences.
From the crispy pizza crust to the creamy almond ricotta cheese toppings, every bite will leave you wanting more. But don’t just take my word for it, give it a try and you won’t regret it!
Plus, this recipe is perfect for sharing with friends and family. Serve it up with a side salad of mesclun or some roasted butternut squash for a complete meal that everyone will enjoy.
Remember, the key to success with this recipe is using high-quality ingredients like no-added-salt tomato paste, part-skim ricotta cheese, and fine sea salt. Make sure to follow the instructions closely and don’t be afraid to get creative with substitutions and variations.
So go ahead and indulge in this guilt-free pizza that’s not only satisfying but also packed with nutrient-rich ingredients. This reader’s digest-approved recipe is sure to become one of your go-to dishes for any occasion.
Digest Diet: Pizza With Wilted Greens, Ricotta and Almonds Recipe
- 1 (1 lb) prebaked whole wheat prepared pizza crust
- 1/4 cup water, plus 2 tsp water
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, chopped (fresh or dried)
- 12 ounces escarole, well washed and cut into 1/2-in-wide ribbons
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup no-added-salt tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- In a large (12-inch) skillet, combine 1/4 cup water, garlic and rosemary. Bring to a boil.
- Add escarole, large handfuls at a time, adding more to pan as each batch wilts. Cover and cook until escarole is tender, about 5 minutes. Drain.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil and remaining 2 tsp water. Brush onto pizza shell and place it on baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together ricotta, salt and pepper.
- Remove pizza shell from oven and reduce oven temperature to 375°F Brush top of pizza shell with tomato paste. Top with escarole and then spoonfuls of ricotta mixture. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake until crust is crisp and almonds start to brown, 3-5 minutes. Cut into 8 wedges.
Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
Mishra Vikas is a digital nomad who loves to explore the world and learn about its cultures. As a programmer, backpacker, and cook, he enjoys sharing his adventures and cooking up delectable dishes. Writing about his experiences, creating tasty recipes, and discovering new places are some of his favorite activities. He’s an avid traveler and passionate chef, always on the lookout for an exciting new journey.