Picture yourself in California, the blazing sun beating down on your skin as you take a bite of the freshest, most delicious salad you’ve ever tasted. Well, my culinary adventurers, get ready to be transported to that very place with the California Pizza Kitchen White Balsamic Provencal Salad Recipe. This mouth-watering salad is a combination of fresh and vibrant ingredients assembled by the culinary experts at California Pizza Kitchen. It’s a dish that truly captures the bright and bold flavors of California cuisine.
This salad is for anyone who craves a healthy yet indulgent meal; it’s loaded with protein-rich feta cheese, briny kalamata olives, and sun-dried tomatoes that burst with umami flavor. The combination of crunchy romaine lettuce and arugula leaves paired with red cabbage gives the salad an unexpected texture that is both refreshing and satisfying.
Not only is this salad appetizing, but it’s incredibly easy to make. Just toss everything together in a bowl and let the flavors meld together. It’s perfect for those days when cooking seems like too much effort or when you simply want something light to satisfy your hunger.
So, come along with me on this culinary journey to California from the comfort of your own home as we prepare this delectable White Balsamic Provencal Salad inspired by California Pizza Kitchen. Believe me, friends; you won’t want to miss it!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Picture this: A delicious and healthy salad that’s perfect for lunch or dinner. It has a balance of savory and sweet flavors with a tangy balsamic vinaigrette. That’s right, I’m talking about the California Pizza Kitchen White Balsamic Provencal Salad Recipe!
What sets this salad apart from others is the unique blend of ingredients. The salty kalamata olives, tangy feta cheese, and chewy sun-dried tomatoes complement the crunchy romaine lettuce, red cabbage, and arugula leaves. Each bite is bursting with bursts of flavor, and you’ll be left satisfied without feeling weighed down.
And don’t worry about the prep time – this recipe is quick and easy to assemble. In fact, it can be ready in just 15 minutes! You’ll have a wholesome meal that’s perfect for on-the-go, or to enjoy with friends and family.
Plus, with ingredient substitutions and variations available (such as adding grilled chicken or swapping in blue cheese), you can customize your salad to your liking. Trust me, once you try the California Pizza Kitchen White Balsamic Provencal Salad Recipe, you won’t go back to any other salad.
Salads are like puzzles; only the right pieces fit perfectly. This ingredient list of California Pizza Kitchen White Balsamic Provencal Salad recipe contains bold and flavorful components that complement each other.
- 2 cups arugula leaf
- 2 cups Romaine lettuce
Fruits and Veggies:
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
The Good Stuff:
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Black pepper (for seasoning)
- Lemon zest (for garnish)
- 1 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dried herbs de Provence
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Salt and black pepper (for seasoning)
Each of these ingredients adds a punch of flavor to the salad, served on layer greens. I can assure you this kitchen white balsamic provencal salad recipe is what dreams are made of!
The Recipe How-To
Prepare the Salad Ingredients
First, wash and dry 1 head of romaine lettuce and 2 cups of arugula leaves. After that, remove the thick stems of the arugula and chop both romaine and arugula. Then, chop 1 cup of red cabbage into thin strips and slice 2 Roma tomatoes into small bite-sized pieces.
Next, pit 1/2 cup of Kalamata olives and cut them in half. Drain 1/2 cup of sun-dried tomatoes and finely slice them. Lastly, crumble 1/2 cup of feta cheese and set them all aside.
Make the Dressing
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup of extra-virgin olive oil, 2 tablespoons of white balsamic vinegar, 2 cloves of minced garlic, a pinch of salt, a pinch of black pepper, and 1 tablespoon of dried herbs de Provence until it forms a homogeneous emulsion.
Bring it All Together
Combine all salad ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Pour the dressing over the top and use tongs to toss everything together until every piece is coated with dressing evenly.
Lastly, divide into serving plates and sprinkle 1 teaspoon lemon zest over the top for an extra hint of freshness. Enjoy your homemade California Pizza Kitchen White Balsamic Provencal Salad!
Substitutions and Variations
Now, let’s get creative! One of the things that I love most about cooking is the flexibility it offers. There are so many ways you can personalize a recipe to make it your own. Here are some substitutions and variations I recommend:
– Kalamata Olives: If salty olives aren’t your thing, you could try substituting them with green olives or capers for added acidity.
– Feta Cheese: This Mediterranean cheese is delicious, but if you prefer something sharper, go with blue cheese instead.
– Sun-Dried Tomatoes: You can use fresh tomatoes instead of sun-dried ones – just dice them finely.
– Roma Tomatoes: Any ripe tomato will work well for this dish, whether it’s heirloom or cherry.
– Red Cabbage: Purple cabbage is an easy substitute for red cabbage – they’re essentially the same thing!
– Arugula Leaf: If arugula is too bitter for you, switch it out with spinach or watercress.
– Romaine Lettuce: Butter lettuce or baby kale are great alternatives as they have a similar texture to romaine.
– Olive Oil: Grape seed oil, avocado oil, or coconut oil can be substituted for olive oil without much taste difference.
– Black Pepper: White pepper or pink pepper is equally lovely as black pepper in salads.
– Lemon Zest: Lime zest or orange zest would be equally delicious substitutes.
– Salt: Himalayan pink salt, sea salt, or kosher salt can be used in place of table salt if preferred.
– Dried Herbs: The Provencal blend in this recipe includes savory, thyme and rosemary. You could add marjoram and oregano to that mix if desired. If you don’t have dried herbs on hand, using fresh herbs will always give a brighter flavor to your salad dressing.
– Garlic: If raw garlic is too overpowering for your taste buds then try roasting it first. It will give the exact same flavor but will be much milder in taste.
– White Balsamic Vinegar: Substitute white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar to provide the tangy acidity you’re looking for.
With these substitutions and variations up your sleeve, you now have endless possibilities to make this salad uniquely yours. So go ahead and play around with different flavor combinations until you find the perfect match!
Serving and Pairing
It’s time to talk about the best ways to serve and pair this spectacular White Balsamic Provencal Salad. This salad can be enjoyed as a healthy and satisfying appetizer, side dish, or as a meal on its own. With its vibrant colors and bold flavors, it’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser at any gathering.
To accompany this gorgeous salad, I suggest serving it with some freshly grilled chicken or salmon. The juicy meat is an ideal complement to the lightness of the greens and the tanginess of the balsamic vinaigrette. You can also add some crumbled smoked bacon or blue cheese for an extra layer of savory goodness.
For a plant-based option, you can pair this salad with some grilled vegetables like zucchini, eggplant or peppers. Grilled vegetables are great for bringing out some natural sweetness and adding a smoky charred flavor that works perfectly with the freshness of the greens.
A chilled rose wine would be my go-to pairing for this salad if you’re looking for some refreshment. The acidity of the wine cuts through the acidity in the vinaigrette and highlights its herbaceous notes nicely. A glass of Sauvignon Blanc would also work well with its lively citrus aromas.
No matter how you choose to serve and pair this White Balsamic Provencal Salad, remember to enjoy it!
Pairing Recommendation: Rose Wine or Sauvignon Blanc
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Now, I know you’re busy and sometimes it can be difficult to carve out time in your day to prepare a meal from scratch. That’s why I highly recommend preparing the California Pizza Kitchen White Balsamic Provencal Salad ahead of time, so that you can easily store it away and have it for lunch or dinner throughout the week.
The good news is that this salad stores incredibly well due to the hearty vegetables that are able to maintain their texture and flavor. You can make this salad up to two days ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in your refrigerator.
When you’re ready to eat, simply allow the chilled salad to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving. This will bring out all of the delicious flavors and aromas from the dressing and herbs.
If you’re thinking about reheating this salad, unfortunately, you cannot because it contains ingredients like arugula and romaine lettuce which wilt when they get reheated. The good news is that this salad tastes great cold, which means all you have to do is pull it out of the fridge and enjoy.
One thing to note is that over time, the dressing may become diluted due to moisture from the vegetables, so make sure to give it a good shake or stir before serving to ensure that all areas are covered with the flavorful Balsamic vinaigrette.
So don’t let a busy schedule prevent you from enjoying a fresh and healthy meal. Prepare this delicious California Pizza Kitchen White Balsamic Provencal Salad ahead of time for an easy lunch or dinner option throughout the week.
Tips for Perfect Results
The California Pizza Kitchen White Balsamic Provencal Salad Recipe is a heavenly concoction with its blend of fresh greens, savory sun-dried tomatoes, briny kalamata olives, and tangy feta cheese. To make sure you get the most out of this masterpiece, here are some tips to ensure perfect results every time.
First and foremost, when preparing the salad dressing, make sure to use high-quality ingredients like balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and herbs de Provence. The quality of these ingredients can significantly impact the final taste.
When chopping the veggies for the salad, it’s important to slice and dice them evenly so that they blend well and contribute to a consistent mouthfeel. To do that, use a sharp knife and chop them gently into small pieces.
To elevate the flavor profile of the salad even further, try roasting the Roma tomatoes or adding some grilled chicken slices or pan-seared shrimp. Doing so can add texture and depth to your salad while creating a protein-rich meal suitable for lunch or dinner.
Another crucial tip is to dress the salad right before serving. Adding the dressing too early will wilt the greens and render the crunchiness an afterthought. In addition to that, reserve some extra dressing on the side so that your guests can opt to add more as desired.
Lastly, having all your ingredients on hand before beginning the preparation can save you from a lot of last-minute scrambling. So make sure you have everything right where you need it before starting.
With these tips in mind, you’re guaranteed to create an explosion of flavors and textures that will leave your palate begging for more.
So there you have it – the California Pizza Kitchen White Balsamic Provencal Salad Recipe that will no doubt be a hit at your next gathering. With its fresh and hearty ingredients, deliciously zesty balsamic vinaigrette dressing, and endless possibilities for variations and substitutions, there’s no limit to how you can make this salad your own.
Whether you’re in the mood for a light lunch, a tasty accompaniment to your main dish or even as a standalone meal on its own, this salad is sure to satisfy. With flavors that transport you to the Mediterranean coast and a preparation that is both easy and versatile, this recipe is truly one of a kind.
So why wait? Grab these ingredients from your local grocery store and start tossing up this delightful culinary masterpiece. Share it with your friends and family or indulge on your lonesome – either way, it’s an experience not to be missed. Trust me, your taste buds will thank you for it!
California Pizza Kitchen White Balsamic Provencal Salad Recipe
- 1 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/4 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon dried herbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 1 cup olive oil, plus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 lb baby arugula leaf
- 3 cups slivered red cabbage
- 6 roma tomatoes, cut and diced
- 18 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 lb feta cheese
- 24 kalamata olives, pitted and cut in half
- Vinaigrette Preparation.
- n a mixing bowl, use a hand held electric mixer on low speed or a whisk to blend together the vinegar, garlic, herbs, salt, lemon zest, and pepper.
- Beating or whisking continuously, slowly pour in the oil, blending until it is thoroughly incorporated. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Salad Preparation:.
- In a large mixing bowl, use salad servers to toss together the romaine, arugula, cabbage and dressing.
- Transfer the salad to chilled serving plates. Surround each serving with a ring of diced Roma tomatoes, then top with sun dried tomatoes, feta cheese and Kalamata olives.
Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
Mishra Vikas is a digital nomad who loves to explore the world and learn about its cultures. As a programmer, backpacker, and cook, he enjoys sharing his adventures and cooking up delectable dishes. Writing about his experiences, creating tasty recipes, and discovering new places are some of his favorite activities. He’s an avid traveler and passionate chef, always on the lookout for an exciting new journey.