Are you a fan of apple pie but looking for a fun twist on the classic recipe? Look no further than these delicious baked maple apple pie cups! I promise this recipe will exceed your wildest expectations and become a staple in your dessert menu.
These individual-sized desserts are perfect for sharing with friends and family, or even just enjoying as a solo treat. The combination of sweet, tart apples mixed with warm, cinnamon-spiced notes of maple syrup will make your taste buds dance with joy. Trust me, once you try this recipe, you won’t be able to resist adding it to your dessert repertoire.
So heat up your oven and grab some fresh ingredients because we’re about to embark on a culinary journey filled with rich flavors, buttery crusts, and a touch of sweetness. Get ready to indulge in the comfort of homemade baked maple apple pie cups!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you ready to experience dessert like never before? Look no further than this delectable baked maple apple pie cups recipe!
What’s not to love about the combination of warm cinnamon, sweet brown sugar, and the wholesome goodness of apples? And when that’s paired with the rich and decadent taste of maple syrup, it’s a match made in heaven.
Plus, these pie cups are the perfect size for individual portions – no more fighting over who gets the biggest slice! And since they’re made with a convenient puff pastry crust, they come together in no time at all.
This recipe is truly a showstopper. Not only does it taste incredible, but it looks gorgeous too. Imagine serving up these beautiful little cups, still steaming from the oven, to your family and friends.
Before diving into the recipe, let’s take a look at the ingredients you need to make these delightful Baked Maple Apple Pie Cups. Get ready to peel, chop, mix, and bake! Here are the ingredients you will need:
- Puff pastry: 1 sheet (thawed)
- Apples: 2 medium-sized apples (peeled and chopped into small pieces)
- Brown sugar: ¼ cup (mix with the apples)
- Cinnamon: 1 teaspoon (mix with the apples)
- Maple syrup: 3 tablespoons (mix with the flour)
- Flour: 1 tablespoon
- Sea salt: A pinch of sea salt
- Cooking spray: For greasing the muffin tin.
Now that you have everything you need, let’s get started on making those delicious Baked Maple Apple Pie Cups.
The Recipe How-To
Now that you know why these Baked Maple Apple Pie Cups are a must-try, it’s time to get started on making them. Don’t worry, the recipe is very straightforward and requires only a few basic ingredients. Here’s how to make these delicious maple apple treats:
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Pinch of sea salt
- Cooking spray
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped apples, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, maple syrup and sea salt. Mix well.
- Cut the puff pastry into equal squares, each large enough to fill a muffin tin cup.
- Press each square into a muffin tin cup, making sure to leave an overhang.
- Fill each pastry cup with the apple mixture, distributing evenly.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until the puff pastry is golden brown and the apple filling is bubbling.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
These Baked Maple Apple Pie Cups are perfect for any occasion or dessert craving! Enjoy them while they’re still warm and topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream for an extra indulgent treat.
Substitutions and Variations
If you’re feeling adventurous, this recipe is highly customizable to your taste. Here are some substitutions and variations you can try:
– Gluten-Free: Replace the flour with gluten-free flour, and use gluten-free puff pastry for the cups.
– Muffin Tin: Instead of using a cupcake tin, try making these in a muffin tin for larger portions.
– Crescent Roll Cups: Instead of puff pastry, use crescent rolls to make cups.
– Cranberry Maple Apple Pie Cups: Add cranberries to the apple filling for an extra burst of flavor.
– Cinnamon Roll Cups: Replace puff pastry with cinnamon rolls for a twist on the classic apple pie.
– Apple Galette Cups: Skip the cupcake tin and make mini apple galettes instead.
– Maple Glazed Apple Blondies Cups: Mix in maple syrup and chop apples into small pieces for a delicious blondie filling.
Don’t be afraid to experiment with different ingredients and flavors. That’s what being a culinary explorer is all about!
Serving and Pairing
Who doesn’t love a classic apple pie? But now, take that to the next level with these Baked Maple Apple Pie Cups. Serve them warm, straight out of the oven with a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. The combination of the flaky puff pastry crust and the warm, cinnamon-spiced apple filling will make this dessert a hit with anyone who loves a good old-fashioned apple pie.
These Maple Apple Pie cups are perfect for serving at any gathering or special occasion. They are simple and easy to serve, making them a great dessert option when you’re entertaining guests. You can even make these ahead of time and reheat them when it’s time to serve.
But this delicious treat isn’t just limited to being served as your typical dessert fare. They would make an ideal breakfast or brunch item – pair it with a cup of hot coffee or tea, and you’ve got yourself the perfect start to your day.
For those who love creative culinary combinations, why not try pairing these Maple Apple Pie Cups with some savory dishes? You could serve them alongside a cheese platter or charcuterie board for a sweet and salty juxtaposition. Alternatively, they could be paired with roasted meats like pork tenderloin for a unique flavor contrast.
Regardless of how you choose to serve them, these Baked Maple Apple Pie Cups are sure to be a crowd-pleaser. They’re easy to eat and even easier to love. So go ahead and dig in!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Don’t let your baked maple apple pie cups go to waste! These delectable treats are perfect for making ahead, storing, and reheating for later enjoyment.
If you’re looking to prepare these delights ahead of time, simply follow the recipe instructions and bake them in advance. After allowing them to cool, store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two days. You can also store them in the refrigerator for up to five days. Just be sure to reheat them before serving.
To reheat your baked maple apple pie cups, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place them on a baking sheet and warm them in the oven for about 5-10 minutes. For best results, cover the cups with aluminum foil before placing them in the oven.
You can also reheat individual portions in the microwave. Simply place a cup on a microwave-safe plate and heat it on high for 15-30 seconds or until warm.
For longer storage, you can freeze the unbaked pie cups. To do this, simply assemble the cups as directed in the recipe but do not bake them. Instead, place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze until they are firm. Then remove them from the baking sheet and store them in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to three months. When you’re ready to enjoy them, simply let them defrost in the refrigerator overnight and then bake as directed in the recipe.
By following these make-ahead, storing and reheating tips, you can enjoy these tasty treats any time you want without having to worry about wasting any of your precious homemade goodies!
Tips for Perfect Results
You’re almost ready to start baking your delicious Maple Apple Pie Cups, but before you do I want to share with you some tips that will make sure you achieve the best possible result.
Firstly, when making the apple filling, it’s important to peel and chop the apples into small pieces so that they cook evenly and create a delicious texture in the pie cups. I recommend using a sharp knife and taking your time to peel and chop them precisely.
Secondly, when mixing the brown sugar, cinnamon, maple syrup, flour, and sea salt together for the apple filling mixture, be sure to use a spoon to measure equal amounts of each ingredient. This will help ensure consistency and balance in your filling mix.
Thirdly, using muffin tins is essential for creating perfectly shaped pie cups. To make things even easier, you can use a cooking spray or grease the tins lightly with butter or oil to prevent sticking.
Fourthly, preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) before baking the Maple Apple Pie Cups. This ensures that they bake evenly and at the correct temperature.
Finally, once you have filled the pie cups with the apple mixture, use a pastry brush to lightly coat the tops with additional maple syrup before baking. This will give your Maple Apple Pie Cups a beautiful golden brown color and add an extra touch of sweetness.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to create perfectly baked Maple Apple Pie Cups that are both beautiful and delicious.
In conclusion, the Baked Maple Apple Pie Cups recipe is a must-try for all dessert lovers out there. With its aromatic cinnamon and maple syrup flavors mixed with the juicy apples and crispy puff pastry crust, this recipe truly deserves a spot in your cookbook. The best part is that it only requires two ingredients to make delicious apple pie cups that will melt in your mouth.
Not only is this recipe incredibly easy to follow, but it also offers many variations and substitutions. You can experiment with different types of apples or even try adding some cranberries or nuts for an extra crunch. Furthermore, this recipe is great for those who are gluten-free as you can simply use a gluten-free pie crust instead of puff pastry.
Whether you’re baking these maple apple pie cups for a special occasion or just as a sweet treat for yourself, they are sure to impress everyone who tries them. So follow the steps carefully, make sure your oven is well preheated, and don’t be afraid to try new variations because the possibilities are endless!
Baked Maple Apple Pie Cups Recipe
- 1 (8 ounce) package crescent roll dough
- 2 apples, of your choice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, plus more for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 375F and spray 8 cups in a muffin pan with nonstick spray. Taking each crescent roll, press into the cup shape of the muffin cups and make sure that you get the dough up the sides as well. It’s important to get all of the edges sealed in there!
- Peel and chop the apples into small pieces and mix with the brown sugar, cinnamon, maple syrup, flour and sea salt.
- Spoon equal amounts into the cups.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the edges are browned.
- Serve hot with a little more maple syrup drizzled on top.
Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
Mishra Vikas is a digital nomad who loves to explore the world and learn about its cultures. As a programmer, backpacker, and cook, he enjoys sharing his adventures and cooking up delectable dishes. Writing about his experiences, creating tasty recipes, and discovering new places are some of his favorite activities. He’s an avid traveler and passionate chef, always on the lookout for an exciting new journey.