As an avid lover of all things sweet and baked, I am thrilled to share this delicious Apple Pie Ice Cream recipe with you. There are few things more comforting than a warm apple pie fresh out of the oven, and now you can enjoy the same flavors in a cold and creamy dessert. This ice cream is perfect for any season, whether you are looking to cool off on a hot summer day or cozy up by the fire during the winter.
Made with real apples and a touch of cinnamon, this recipe takes ice cream to new heights. If you’re tired of the same old vanilla and chocolate flavors, this Apple Pie Ice Cream will surely satisfy your craving for something unique and flavorful. The best part? You don’t even need an ice cream maker to make it!
By using simple ingredients such as heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk, brown sugar, and ground cinnamon, you can create a delicious base that serves as the perfect canvas for the homemade apple pie filling. Whether you’re an experienced baker or a novice cook, this recipe is sure to delight your taste buds and impress your friends and family.
So what are you waiting for? Grab your apron and get ready to make the best ice cream you’ve ever tasted!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you a fan of ice cream, but bored of the same old flavors? Well then, let me introduce you to this scrumptious Apple Pie Ice Cream recipe! Trust me when I say that this delectable dessert is bound to become your new favorite.
Firstly, this Apple Pie Ice Cream recipe offers a unique twist on the classic apple pie. The combination of crisp apples, warm cinnamon and sweet brown sugar in every bite is guaranteed to transport your taste buds into a world of pure bliss.
Secondly, not only is this recipe indulgent with its rich cream base and chunks of buttery pie crust, but it’s also incredibly easy to make. With only a handful of ingredients and simple instructions, you can easily whip up a batch of this creamy delight in no time at all.
But wait, there’s more! This recipe also allows for plenty of room for personalization with its substitution and variation options. Swap out walnuts for pecans or try churning it into a caramel apple flavor – the possibilities are endless.
All in all, this Apple Pie Ice Cream recipe is the perfect dessert for any occasion. Whether you’re looking to impress guests or just treat yourself on a lazy afternoon, this recipe provides an unbeatable combination of classic flavors and smooth creaminess. So what are you waiting for? Grab your ice cream maker and give this recipe a try – trust me, your taste buds will thank you later.
Here are the ingredients needed to make this delicious apple pie ice cream:
- 2 cups of half-and-half
- 1/4 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 cup of walnuts, chopped
- 14-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of apple pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
Ingredients for Apple Pie Filling
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored, and chopped into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Ingredients for Dutch Apple Crumble Topping (optional)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and cut into small cubes
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
The Recipe How-To
Prepping the Apples:
Start by peeling and chopping 2 large Granny Smith apples. Set aside.
Melt 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
Add 1/2 cup of brown sugar and stir well until the sugar is melted.
Add the chopped apples to the pan, stirring occasionally for 5-7 minutes until they soften.
Sprinkle in 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon of apple pie spice and mix well.
Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
Making the Ice Cream Base:
In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together 4 large eggs and 1 cup of white sugar until smooth.
Add in a can of sweetened condensed milk (14 ounces) and whisk until fully incorporated.
Add in 1 1/2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract and 2 cups of whole milk, whisking again until all ingredients are combined.
In another mixing bowl, whip up 2 cups of heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
Gently fold the whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk mixture, being careful not to overmix.
Pour half of the ice cream base into a chilled container with a lid, such as a loaf pan.
Adding the Apple Pie Filling:
Spoon half of the cooled apple mixture on top of the ice cream base in chunks, making sure it is evenly distributed throughout.
Use a knife to swirl the mixture throughout the ice cream base, creating a marbled effect with the apple pie filling.
Repeat with another layer, pouring in the remaining ice cream base and apple pie filling mixture, making sure to swirl again for a marbled effect.
Freezing and Churning:
Cover your container with plastic wrap or an airtight lid before placing it in your freezer for at least six hours or overnight for best results.
Once fully frozen, take out your container and let it thaw for approximately five minutes before scooping with an ice cream scoop or spoon.
Serve immediately topped with crushed walnuts, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and maybe even drizzled with some warm caramel sauce or homemade apple caramel for an extra decadent dessert!
Enjoy your delicious homemade Apple Pie Ice Cream!
Substitutions and Variations
The beauty of cooking lies in its versatility, and this apple pie ice cream recipe is no exception. If you’re looking for ways to tweak the recipe, take a look at these substitution and variation options:
– Nutty twist: Instead of using walnuts, you can switch to pecans or almonds. Chopped nuts can add crunchiness to the dessert.
– Spice it up: Cinnamon is already an important flavor here, but if you want some more warmth to the palate, use nutmeg or ginger as a replacement or addition.
– Sweet alternatives: While white sugar and brown sugar complement each other well, you can also use honey or maple syrup for a gentler sweetness without altering the consistency too much.
– Different apples: Granny Smith apples shine in this recipe because they offer tartness and structure that holds up in the homemade ice cream. But feel free to experiment with other varieties like Honeycrisp and Pink Lady for a more diverse flavor profile.
– No-Churn Option: For those who don’t have an ice cream maker on hand, try making this recipe as a “no churn” version by whipping heavy cream and sweetened condensed milk together until stiff peaks form before stirring in the cooked apple pie filling.
– Dutch Apple Crumble Twist: Take your apple pie ice cream to the next level by trying out Dutch apple crumble variation. Add some caramel sauce and a perfect blend of cinnamon and nutmeg along with small pieces of buttery crumb topping in order to get that warm apple crisp texture on top of your cool ice cream scoop.
Whichever substitution or variation you choose, this dessert will be sure to delight your taste buds with its delicious combination of sweet, spiced apples and creamy ice cream.
Serving and Pairing
The Apple Pie Ice Cream Recipe is a wonderful treat that can be enjoyed on its own or served alongside other desserts. Its rich taste and creamy texture make it a perfect accompaniment to any fall celebration, including Thanksgiving and Halloween parties.
The ice cream pairs beautifully with walnuts or pecans, providing a crunchy contrast to the creamy texture. Sprinkle some ground cinnamon or granola on top of your Apple Pie Ice Cream for that warm and spicy aroma, which further enhances its delectable flavors.
If you are feeling adventurous, try serving with a warm slice of apple pie. The flavors of the ice cream and the pie complement each other perfectly. Alternatively, transform your apple pie into a Dutch Apple Crumble or Apple Crisp for added texture and crunch.
For those who enjoy caramel flavors, drizzle some delicious caramel sauce on top of your serving of Apple Pie Ice Cream, creating an indulgent treat.
To truly bring out the taste of autumn and fall, pair your dessert with a cup of vanilla tea or coffee. The vanilla flavor in both drinks augments the subtle sweetness of the recipe’s ice cream while keeping you cozy during cold weather.
With so many options available for pairing, the Apple Pie Ice Cream recipe can maximize your culinary experiments and creativity to create unique dessert combinations that satisfy even the pickiest taste buds!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Making homemade ice cream can be a fun and rewarding experience for any culinary explorer. However, it is important to consider the make-ahead, storing, and reheating methods to ensure your apple pie ice cream retains its optimal flavor and texture.
When making ahead, it is best to store your apple pie ice cream in an airtight container in the freezer. Make sure to give the ice cream at least 4-6 hours to fully freeze before serving. Homemade ice cream may develop ice crystals when stored for long periods, so it is essential to store it properly.
To store the ice cream for an extended period, you can layer wax paper on top of the container before sealing with a lid. This method will help prevent freezer burn or build-up of unwanted flavors in your ice cream.
Reheating your apple pie ice cream can also be done easily by microwaving it in 15-second bursts until fully melted. The key here is to avoid overheating your ice cream which could affect its creamy texture and overall taste.
If you’re looking to add some extra flavor, we recommend drizzling caramel sauce over the top of the reheated apple pie ice cream before serving. Lastly, for those seeking variations of this recipe, an excellent option is to add a dollop of whipped cream or pieces of walnuts over the top for some added flavour and texture.
In conclusion, understanding the proper storing methods is essential in keeping your apple pie ice cream fresh and enjoyable every time you serve it. Proper storage procedures will ensure that you always have an indulgent dessert available whenever cravings hit!
Tips for Perfect Results
Creating the perfect Apple Pie Ice Cream requires precision, patience and attention to detail. Here are some tips to ensure you make a rich and creamy dessert that’s sure to impress.
1. Use fresh ingredients: The flavor of your ice cream is only as good as the quality of your ingredients. Purchase fresh apples, butter, and heavy cream for best results.
2. Chill your ingredients: Make sure your ingredients are chilled before adding them to the ice cream mixture. When your mixture is at a cooler temperature it will freeze faster and more evenly.
3. Invest in an ice cream maker: While it’s possible to make ice cream without a machine, investing in one means you’ll achieve a much smoother texture. The churning process breaks up ice crystals and creates an airier texture in your final product.
4. Be patient with the churning process: It can take anywhere from 20-40 minutes for your ice cream to churn fully depending on the type of maker you have. Don’t rush the process, slow and steady will result in a better consistency.
5. Allow proper freezing time: Once your ice cream is finished churning, it’s important to allow it time to firm up properly in the freezer for at least 4-6 hours or even overnight.
6. Add crunchy elements at the end: If you’re planning on adding walnuts or any crunchy add-ins, it’s best to mix them in by hand after the churning process is complete so they retain their texture.
Follow these tips and you’re sure to have a delicious and perfectly textured Apple Pie Ice Cream that everyone will love!
In conclusion, the Apple Pie Ice Cream recipe is a dessert that will leave you and your guests wanting more. This recipe combines the flavors of apple pie with creamy ice cream to create a dessert experience like no other. With simple ingredients and easy instructions, this recipe can be made by anyone – even those who have never made ice cream before.
Whether you’re looking for a delightful treat to share with friends and family or just want to indulge in something sweet, this recipe is definitely worth trying. The unique combination of walnuts, apples, and cinnamon creates a flavor that is both familiar yet unexpected.
Furthermore, this recipe allows for substitutions and variations based on personal preference. If you prefer a deeper apple flavor, you can adjust the amount of apple pie spice or add more chopped apples to the mix. Or if you’re feeling adventurous, try adding caramel or vanilla bean for an even more decadent experience.
Overall, the Apple Pie Ice Cream recipe is a must-try dessert that will leave your taste buds happy and satisfied. So gather your ingredients, grab your ice cream maker or follow the no-churn method, and get ready to enjoy a homemade apple pie ice cream that’s sure to impress!
Apple Pie Ice Cream Recipe
- 8 oatmeal cookies, crushed
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/4 cup dulce de leche or 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix the crushed cookies with 1 tablespoon of melted butter, and press onto a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes, then remove, allow to cool completely, then crumble.
- Melt the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the apples, 3 tablespoons sugar, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Cook until the apples have lightly browned, and the sugar has begun to caramelize, about 10 minutes. Remove from the pan, and allow to cool completely.
- Combine cream, half and half, 1 cup sugar, eggs, vanilla, and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon in a large bowl; mix to blend well. Pour into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
- When the ice cream has finished, stir in the crumbled cookie, caramelized apples, and walnuts. Add the dulce de leche by the teaspoon while stirring to evenly distribute.
Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
Mishra Vikas is a digital nomad who loves to explore the world and learn about its cultures. As a programmer, backpacker, and cook, he enjoys sharing his adventures and cooking up delectable dishes. Writing about his experiences, creating tasty recipes, and discovering new places are some of his favorite activities. He’s an avid traveler and passionate chef, always on the lookout for an exciting new journey.